Ebast M Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ebast-M Tablet has two active ingredients that are ebastine and montelukast and they belong to a different class of medicines. This combination medicine is used to prevent or manage symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as itching, sneezing, runny & stuffy nose, watery eyes which may be seasonal or non-seasonal, productive cough and to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma. Take Ebast-M Tablet only if prescribed to you and in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. Tell your doctor about a detailed medical condition and about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. You may feel adverse effects like headache, drowsy, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth etc. after consuming Ebast-M Tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Ebast M Tablet
Ebast-M Tablet is indicated for the symptomatic relief in allergic symptoms like itchy skin rashes, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose associated with allergic rhinitis and asthma.
Contraindications of Ebast M Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ebast-M Tablet or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- As Ebast-M Tablet is a combination of different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Ebast M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Respiratory tract infection
- Liver dysfunction
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Ebast M Tablet
Can I take Ebast-M Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be recommended during pregnancy only if your doctor considers it essential. Hence consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Ebast-M Tablet while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under the doctor's recommendation. Avoid self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ebast-M Tablet?
It may cause sleepiness or dizziness sometimes. So better do not drive until you know how the medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Ebast-M Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ebast-M Tablet, as it may cause more sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel that asthma or breathing problem is getting worse. You should always keep a rescue inhaler readily available with you.
- You should be cautious while taking aspirin or other painkillers along with this medicine.
- Some behavioural or mood-related changes may develop in adults or children during the treatment. So be careful while taking this medicine if such signs occur.
- You have a severe liver problem.
- It should not be given to children below 12 years old.
- You are already taking certain antibiotics to treat fungal infections.
Mode of Action of Ebast M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ebastine works by inhibiting the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like watery eyes, throat irritation, sneezing.
- Whereas montelukast helps control the symptoms by inhibiting the actions of leukotrienes, the natural substances in the body which cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of bronchial asthma.read less
- The collective action of these two components helps in relieving symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis and asthma.
Directions for Use of Ebast M Tablet
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Try to take it at the same time each day for optimal results.
Interactions of Ebast M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You should be cautious if you are already taking other medicines like antiepileptic medicines like phenobarbital, phenytoin, medicines to treat high cholesterol level like gemfibrozil, during the treatment with Ebast-M Tablet.read less
- Concomitant use with anti TB medicines like rifampicin, can reduce the concentration of ebastine in blood and ultimately reduce the efficacy of the medicine.
- If certain antibiotics like erythromycin, ketoconazole or itraconazole and Ebast-M Tablet have been taken at the same time, then it may increase the level of ebastine in blood serum. The doctor may change the dose accordingly.read less
- Clarithromycin, an antibiotic and Ebast-M Tablet is not recommended to be taken together.
- Some medicines can affect the way Ebast-M Tablet works, or Ebast-M Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Ebast M Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ebast M Tablet
The symptoms of overdose may include headache, stomach pain, thirst, sleepiness, vomiting or hyperactivity. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ebast-M Tablet during a sudden asthma attack?
A: No, it should not be used for sudden (acute) asthma attacks. It provides relief in symptoms associated with asthma and allergic rhinitis. It takes time to act and it does not relieve your obstructive symptoms immediately. You must keep an asthma inhaler readily available for any such emergencies. Reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: Can I use it during pregnancy?
A: There is no safety information available about the use of Ebast-M Tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used in pregnancy unless considered absolutely necessary by your doctor and has more benefits than risks.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Ebast-M Tablet?
A: Give a detailed account of your medical and surgical history to your physician. Also, mention to your doctor all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking before starting this medication. Especially if you are taking antituberculosis medicines, antibiotics and antiepileptic medicines.
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, it does not cause any addiction. But it should not be taken more than recommended dose.
Q: Any precautions should I take while taking this medicine?
A: Yes, it may impair with an allergy test. So it is advised to stop taking Ebast-M Tablet at least 3 days prior to the allergy test.
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved