Dv 60k Syrup 5ml
Dv 60 K 60000 IU Description
DV 60 K syrup contains Vitamin D3 which is also known as cholecalciferol. Vitamin D has numerous health benefits. Vitamin D is an essential component for the absorption of calcium in the body through
the gut thus helps in bone growth and also reducing inflammation. Vitamin D is produced naturally within the body when sun rays (UV rays) strikes the skin. It is sometimes known as the "Sunshine Vitamin". Low levels of Vitamin D can cause weakness, fatigue, fragile or weak bones. DV 60 K syrup is a fat-soluble vitamin, thus it is recommended to take it with meals for enhanced absorption in the body. Take the DV 60 K as prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Dv 60 K 60000 IU
- For treatment and prevention of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- As an adjuvant for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and bone disorders.
- As a supplement when vitamin D requirements of the body are high such as in elderly, after surgery and in growing children.
Precautions and Warnings of Dv 60 K 60000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Dv 60 K 60000 IU
- Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth....
- It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation.
- If you do not get enough vitamin D, you are more likely to experience fractures, muscle pain and weakness. Adequate levels of vitamin D in the body can prevent rickets in children and bone softening in adults and the elderly....
Directions for Use of Dv 60 K 60000 IU
- Take the DV 60 K syrup as advised by your doctor.
- You should not consume vitamin supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are a good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are a good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk, etc.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun.
- Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
Q: Is the DV 60 K syrup a health supplement? Can it be harmful if I take it too much?
Q: Can I take the DV 60 K syrup if I am pregnant?
Q: Why does vitamin D deficiency occur?
Q: Can I take the DV 60 K syrup daily?
- Colecalciferol 1 000 IU Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 April 2021].
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin D [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 April 2021].
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Hormones and Related Drugs: 234-335.