Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
30 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dutas Capsule contains medicine known as Dutasteride. It is used to treat the condition in men knowns as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Do not take this medicine if you are allergic or having liver problems. This medicine should not be used in women, children and adolescents. This medicine gets absorbed through the skin so do not handle it with bare hands. This medicine releases in semen and if gets exposed to the growing fetus it may adversely harm the growing fetus. This medicine may alter sperm motility and counts. Do not take this medicine with other medicine without doctors advice.
Uses of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
- It is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Contraindications of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
If you have a history of allergy (rashes with itching, swelling of face, lips and tongue, difficulty in breathing and swallowing) to any of the content of this medicine. If you have a history of allergy to soya and penult, If you have severe liver problems. This medicine is for men only. It should not be taken by women, children and adolescents.
Side effects of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
- Not able to achieve or maintain an erection (impotence)
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Decrease in the amount of semen released during sex
- Breast enlargement or pain
- Dizziness when taken with tamsulosin (other medicine used for BPH)
- Heart-pumping problems
- Hair loss or hair growth
- Mental illness
- Pain and swelling in your testicles
- Severe allergic reactions. Like itchy rashes, redness of the skin, swelling of face, eyelid, lips and tongue
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
Can I take Dutas Capsule during pregnancy?
This medicine is for men only so do not take it if you are female. This medicine may get absorbed through the skin and may adversely affect the growing fetus, especially in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy. So, avoid handling this medicine with barehand.
Can I take Dutas Capsule while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine if you are female or breastfeeding
Can I drive if I have consumed Dutas Capsule?
Yes you can drive as this medicine doesn’t affect the ability to drive or the ability to operate machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Dutas Capsule ?
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while using this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver problems, your doctor may advise a few liver function tests before and during the course of treatment.
- You are sexually active.
- Your partner is pregnant, exposing her to your semen may adversely affect your baby, especially if the baby is a male child.
- This medicine may alter the blood test results of prostate-specific antigen (done to detect prostate cancer). So, tell your doctor beforehand if you are taking this medicine.
- This medicine may cause breast enlargement and pain in the breast. If you notice any lump in the breast or discharge from the nipple, contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
How Does It Work?
BPH is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland, due to the high production of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone. As the prostate grows, it can lead to urinary problems, such as difficulty in passing urine and a need to go to the urination frequently, straining and dribbling of urine. Dutasteride lowers the production of dihydrotestosterone by blocking the enzyme 5 alfa reductase, which helps to reduce the prostate size and relieve the symptoms. This will reduce the risk of acute urinary retention and the need for surgery.
Directions for Use of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Dutas Capsule and the following medicines should be avoided -other medicines, including:
- Verapamil or diltiazem (used for high blood pressure)
- Ritonavir or indinavir (for HIV infection)
- Itraconazole or ketoconazole (for fungal infections)
- Nefazodone (used for mental illness)
- Alpha-blockers medicines (for enlarged prostate or high blood pressure)
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Dutas Capsule or increase the chances of side effectsread less
Storage and disposal of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dutas 0.5mg Strip Of 30 Capsules
Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Overdose may increase the chances of side effects of the medicine. If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine then consult your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use ofDutas Capsule?
A: It is used to treat the condition in men knowns as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Symptoms of BPH are difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination, dribbling of urine.
Q: How Dutas Capsule works?
A: Dutas Capsule contains Dutasteride which lowers the production of dihydrotestosterone by blocking certain enzymes. This helps to reduce the prostate size and relieve the symptoms. This will reduce the risk of acute urinary retention and the need for surgery.
Q: Are Dutasteride and Tamsulosin both the same?
A: No, both the medicines are prescribed in the patient of BPH, but both works by a different mechanism. Dutasteride decreases the production of a hormone known as dihydrotestosterone while Tamsulosin does not block the production of the hormone, rather just improves the symptoms.
Q: Is Dutas Capsule affects the fertility?
A: Yes, this medicine decreases sperm motility, sperm count and semen volume. There are chances of reduced fertility with the use of this medicine.
Q: How to use Dutas Capsule?
A: Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine. Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. If you are taking it once a day then always take this medicine at the same time like the early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures. This medicine may be absorbed through the skin so do not handle it with barehand.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 10:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved