Droxyl 500mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Droxyl-500 tablet is an antibiotic and used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, airways and skin caused by various susceptible organisms. It contains cefadroxil as its main component. It acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus leading to their death. Take Droxyl-500 tablet as advised by your doctor, preferably at the same time every day to obtain optimal results. Take it with meals, to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine, as it may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection. Thus, you should always complete the prescribed course of this medicine. The common side effects of Droxyl-500 tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, indigestion and vomiting. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before starting , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹8.13 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Droxyl 500 MG
Droxyl-500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, skin & skin structure infections, throat, lungs and airways only.
Contraindications of Droxyl 500 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to Cefadroxil or other Cephalosporin antibiotics or any other ingredients of Droxyl-500 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to Penicillin.
Side effects of Droxyl 500 MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion
- Allergic reactions (skin rash or itching)
Precautions and Warnings of Droxyl 500 MG
Can I take Droxyl-500 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Droxyl-500 tablets during pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefits and needs.
Can I take Droxyl-500 tablet while breastfeeding?
- The components of Droxyl-500 tablet pass into the breastmilk in small amounts. However, it is not expected to cause any harm to the newborn baby.
- If your baby develops thrush, rash or diarrhoea then breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Droxyl-500 tablet?
Droxyl-500 tablet does not affect on your ability to drive a vehicle or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Droxyl-500 tablet?
Alcohol should be avoided along with Droxyl-500 tablets as it can worsen the side effects. It is advised to limit alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop fever, weakness and Droxyl-500 tablet is known to cause a decrease in the white blood cells, hence you may experience repeated infections, visit your doctor to get your white blood cell count tested....
- You develop difficulty in breathing, swelling on your face, chest tightness, rashes, immediately visit the hospital as this is a serious side effect and can be life-threatening.
- You notice blood in your urine or back pain.
- You have an allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience weakness, loss of appetite as these could be due to decreased red blood cell count.
Mode of Action of Droxyl 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Droxyl-500 tablet works by stopping the growth of the bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Droxyl 500 MG
Droxyl-500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Droxyl 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Droxyl-500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat infections (antibiotics) like Gentamicin, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim, Chloramphenicol, Polymyxin B, Vancomycin, Colistin, medicines to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines to treat blood pressure (Water pills/Diuretics like Furosemide) or medicines to thin the blood like Warfarin....
Storage and disposal of Droxyl 500 MG
- Keep Droxyl tablets in the original packaging to protect them from light and moisture.
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Droxyl 500 MG
- An overdose of Droxyl-500 tablet can result in difficulty in breathing, dizziness, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness, muscle contractions or coma....
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Droxyl-500 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop tab Droxyl 500 if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Droxyl-500 tablet without completing the full course. Though you may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course as not all bacteria are killed with a few treatments. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: Do I need to be cautious about anything while taking Droxyl tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience these symptoms.
- This antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take this medicine on your own.
- Droxyl-500 acts only against bacterial infections.
Q: What is Droxyl 500 used for?
A: Droxyl 500 is an antibiotic containing Cefadroxil as its active ingredient. It is mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the ear throat, airways, skin, urinary tract and lungs caused by various susceptible organisms.
Q: Is Droxyl 500 tablet used for a tooth infection?
A: No, Droxyl-500 is not the first choice of medicine for the treatment of a tooth infection. Cefadroxil is mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, throat, lungs and urinary tract. Thus, it is not used to treat a tooth infection.
Q: Is Droxyl-500 tablet a steroid?
A: No, Droxyl-500 tablet is not a steroid, it is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Is Droxyl 500 tablet good for urinary tract infection?
A: Yes, Droxyl 500 is effective in urinary tract infection (UTI). But it should be taken only if prescribed by the doctor. Do not self-medicate antibiotics in any case.
Q: Can the use of Droxyl 500 cause diarrhoea?
A: Diarrhoea is one of the common side effects that an individual might experience after taking Droxyl 500. If you experience it persistently, then do not take any anti-diarrheal medicine on your own. Keep yourself hydrated to replace the lost fluids and immediately inform the doctor.
Q: Can I take Droxyl 500 for cough?
A: No, it is not effective for cough. A cough could be due to different causes and hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine to treat cough.
Q: What content is present in Droxyl 500?
A: The content present in Droxyl 500 is cefadroxil as its main component. It is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, airways and skin caused by various susceptible organisms.
- Androxyl Capsule [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Cefadroxil Mylan 500mg Capsules, hard [Internet]. Docetp.mpa.se. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Cefadroxil Capsules USP (as cefadroxil monohydrate) 500mg [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- LactMed - Cefadroxil [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Cefadroxil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]