Drotas 80mg Tablet
By TAS MED INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotas 80 MG Description
Drotas Tablet is an anti-spasmodic medicine. It contains drotaverine, medicine that helps in pain relief due to spasms. It is used to relieve stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual
pain. Drotas Tablet works by relaxing the smooth muscle. Therefore, it provides relief from spasm and pain. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pain, cramps, spasms|
|Side effects||Nausea, constipation, headache, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Drotaverine(80.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Drotas 80mg Tablet
- Dvn 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.83₹ 139.26₹ 9.28/Tablet
- Drotin Ds 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Walter Bushnell Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 204.04₹ 173.43₹ 11.56/Tablet
- Drotikind 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.45₹ 61.58₹ 6.16/Tablet
Uses of Drotas 80 MG
Drotas Tablet is used to relieve stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and other painful conditions.
Contraindications of Drotas 80 MG
- If you are allergic to drotaverine or any of the ingredient of the Drotas Tablet
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below the age of 12.
Side effects of Drotas 80 MG
Rarely you may experience nausea, constipation, headache, dizziness, rash.
Precautions and Warnings of Drotas 80 MG
Can I take the Drotas Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Drotas Tablet in pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Drotas Tablet while breastfeeding?
Drotas Tablet is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Drotas Tablet?
Drotas Tablet is unlikely to affect your driving ability. However, if you experience dizziness after taking this medicine, be cautious while driving or avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Drotas Tablet?
There is limited information on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your liver, kidney and heart-related disease.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have a low blood pressure problem.
Mode of Action of Drotas 80 MG
How Does It Work?
Drotas Tablet works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme phosphodiesterase, thus results in relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. Thereby, providing relief from spasm and pain.
Directions for Use of Drotas 80 MG
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, as a whole with a sufficient quantity of water.
Interactions of Drotas 80 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Drotas Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Drotas 80 MG
- Store it below 30°C protected from light and moisture
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Drotas 80 MG
You may experience weakness, malaise, dizziness, vomiting, headache, a drop in blood pressure and sleepiness if consumed in excess. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the Drotas Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine for the treatment as prescribed by the doctor. However, if there is no improvement in pain, consult your doctor.
Q: Drotas Tablet can be use for tooth pain?
A: No, it is not meant to be used for tooth pain.
Q: Is Drotas Tablet good for period pain?
A: Yes, it is recommended for period pain. However, it should not be self-medicated. If you experience period pain very often, kindly consult your gynaecologist to find out the cause of period pain.
Q: Is Drotas Tablet is painkiller?
A: Yes, it is a pain killer, but effective only in specific types of pains. It is not to be taken for any pain and never without a doctor's prescription.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed