Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml Description
Dronex C Dry Syp is used to treat bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which belongs t
o the antibiotic class of medicine. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Dronex C Dry Syp is designed to be used only by children. It should be used for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Dronex C Dry Syp are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. Please report to your doctor if you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens.
Uses of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
Contraindications of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any other components of Dronex C Dry Syp .
Side effects of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
- Decreased appetite
- A dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection
- Skin rash, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Dronex C Dry Syp .
- Your child had diarrhoea after the use of Dronex C Dry Syp earlier.
- Dronex C Dry Syp should not be used for infants below 3-months of age.
Mode of Action of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dronex C Dry Syp works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines such as Ranitidine, Cimetidine with Dronex C Dry Syp can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Dronex C Dry Syp increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Dronex C Dry Syp may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
- Store Dronex C Dry Syp at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dronex C Dry Syrup 30ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Dronex C Dry Syp include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.