Doxybond Lb Capsule
Doxybond Lb Capsule Description
Doxybond-LB capsule is an antibiotic. It contains two components, Doxycycline and spores of Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic and Lactobacillus sporogenes is a probiotic, a benef
cial bacterium that is already present in the intestine of the body. Doxybond-LB is used to treat infections within the abdomen and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. This capsule works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection and diarrhoea and Lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. It can be used by adults and should be used with precautions in children over 8-years of age.
|You Save||₹16.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Doxycycline(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(5.0 B)|
|Uses||Treatment of infections within the abdomen and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain|
Uses of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Contraindications of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- If you are allergic to Doxycycline or Lactobacillus
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding
Side effects of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic rash
- Difficulty in swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders or skin infections.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder named myasthenia gravis, which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have Benign intracranial hypertension, a brain disorder characterised by a severe headache.
- You have infection or inflammation in the food pipe (Oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea. Discontinue the treatment and inform your doctor.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus, characterised by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterised by fever, chill, increased heartbeat and headache.
- This medicine should not be used in a child below 8-years of age as it can cause discolouration of teeth.
Mode of Action of Doxybond Lb Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Doxybond-LB capsule contains Doxycycline and Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Take Doxybond-LB capsule as a whole with a glass of water
- It can be taken with food or after your meals
Interactions of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Doxybond-LB capsule with antacids containing aluminium, calcium or magnesium can decrease the effect of Doxycycyline.
- The antibiotic effect of penicillin is altered by the use of Doxybond-LB capsule capsules.
- The blood thinners like warfarin, when used with this medicine, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for psychiatric disorders such as Phenytoin or Carbamazepine if used along with Doxybond-LB capsule, can reduce the anti-infective action.
- The effect of oral contraceptives may be altered by the use of this medicine. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used.
- Medicines like cyclosporine which is used to reduce the immune response should be avoided as they can interfere with the effect of Doxt-SL.
- The use of Methoxyflurane, an anaesthetic with this medicine, can result in severe toxicity in the kidney.
- Using medicines like Isotretinoin along with Doxybond-LB capsule should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects of former medicine.
Storage and disposal of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Store Doxybond-LB capsules below 25°C in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Doxybond LB capsule be used in children?
Q: Can I have milk with cap Doxybond LB?
Q: How does the lactobacillus help?
- Doxycycline - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Doxycycline [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Doxycycline and Lactobacillus [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Drugs.com. Lactobacillus [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]