Doxybond Lb Capsule
By BRINTON PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doxybond Lb Capsule is an antibiotic. It contains two components, Doxycycline and spores of Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic and Lactobacillus sporogenes is a probiotic, a beneficial bacterium that is already present in the intestine of the body. Doxybond Lb Capsule is used to treat infections within the abdomen and antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. Doxybond Lb Capsule works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection and diarrhoea and Lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. It can be used by adults and should be used with precautions in children over 8-years of age.
Uses of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- To treat infections within the abdomen and it is also used to treat diarrhoea associated with antibiotics.
Contraindications of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- If you are allergic to Doxycycline or Lactobacillus
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding
Side effects of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic rash
- Difficulty in swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Can I take Doxybond Lb Capsule during pregnancy?
Pregnant mothers should not use Doxybond Lb Capsule capsules as it affects the development of teeth and bones of the foetus.
Can I take Doxybond Lb Capsule while breastfeeding?
Doxybond Lb Capsule capsules should not be used by breastfeeding mothers as this medicine passes in the milk and can interfere with the development of teeth and bones of the infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doxybond Lb Capsule?
Doxybond Lb Capsulecapsule does not interfere with the driving capability. However, driving in the sun should be avoided, as this medication can increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun and may cause sunburn.
Can I consume alcohol with Doxybond Lb Capsule?
No, alcohol should not be consumed while using the Doxybond Lb Capsule as alcohol interferes with the efficiency of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders or skin infections.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder named myasthenia gravis, which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have Benign intracranial hypertension, a brain disorder characterised by a severe headache.
- You have infection or inflammation in the food pipe (Oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea. Discontinue the treatment and inform your doctor.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus, characterised by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterised by fever, chill, increased heartbeat and headache.
- This medicine should not be used in a child below 8-years of age as it can cause discolouration of teeth.
Mode of Action of Doxybond Lb Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Doxybond Lb Capsule contains Doxycycline and Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine.Read less
Directions for Use of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Take Doxybond Lb Capsule as a whole with a glass of water
- It can be taken with food or after your meals
Interactions of Doxybond Lb Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Doxybond Lb Capsule with antacids containing aluminium, calcium or magnesium can decrease the effect of Doxycycyline.
- The antibiotic effect of penicillin is altered by the use of Doxybond Lb Capsule capsules.
- The blood thinners like warfarin, when used with this medicine, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for psychiatric disorders such as Phenytoin or Carbamazepine if used along with Doxybond Lb Capsule, can reduce the anti-infective action.
- The effect of oral contraceptives may be altered by the use of this medicine. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used.
- Medicines like cyclosporine which is used to reduce the immune response should be avoided as they can interfere with the effect of Doxt-SL.
- The use of Methoxyflurane, an anaesthetic with this medicine, can result in severe toxicity in the kidney.
- Using medicines like Isotretinoin along with Doxybond Lb Capsule should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects of former medicine.
Storage and disposal of Doxybond Lb Capsule
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Doxybond Lb Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of Doxybond Lb Capsule, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Doxybond Lb Capsule be used in children?
A: No, this medicine should not be used by children under 8-years of age and should be used with precaution in children between 8-12 years because this medicine can cause a permanent change in the colour of teeth. Hence, it should be avoided in children.
Q: Can I have milk with Doxybond Lb Capsule?
A: No, Doxybond Lb Capsule should not be taken with milk or dairy products. This medicine belongs to a class of tetracyclines and calcium in the milk can reduce its absorption. Thus, it should not be taken with milk. You should take it on an empty stomach with plenty of water.
Q: How does the lactobacillus help?
A: Antibiotics can kill or stop the growth of bacteria. So, oral antibiotics affect the growth of these friendly bacteria, which can cause issues with the digestive system like diarrhoea, indigestion, etc. The Lactobacillus present in this medicine helps in reducing antibiotic-associated diarrhoea and helps in improving the digestion process.
- EMA. Doxycycline. SmPC. [Accessed on 27.Sep.2020] (online)
- USPI. Doxycycline. SmPC. [[Accessed on 27.Sep.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Lactobacillus. [Accessed on 27.Sep.2020] (online)
- Drugs.com. Lactobacillus. [[Accessed on 27.Sep.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Doxycycline and Lactobacillus. [Accessed on 27.Sep.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved