Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules Description
Doxol-LB capsule is an antibiotic medicine. Doxol-LB capsule is used to treat bacterial infections within the abdomen along with the diarrhoea associated with the use of antibiotics or this medicine.
Doxol-LB is a combination medicine containing doxycycline and spores of lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic and lactobacillus sporogenes is a probiotic, a beneficial bacterium that is already present in the intestine of the body. It is also known as healthy or good bacteria of the gut. Doxol-LB capsule works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection and diarrhoea and lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. Take Doxol-LB as advised by your treating doctor, for the prescribed duration. You should take this medicine with or after food to avoid stomach upset.
Uses of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
Contraindications of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
- If you are allergic to doxycycline, lactobacillus or any other ingredient of Doxol-LB capsule.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
Side effects of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic rash
- Difficulty in swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders or skin infections.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder named myasthenia gravis, which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have Benign intracranial hypertension, a brain disorder characterised by a severe headache.
- You have an infection or inflammation in the food pipe (Oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea. Discontinue the treatment and inform your doctor.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus, characterised by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterised by fever, chill, increased heartbeat and headache.
- Doxol-LB should not be used in a child below 8-years of age as it can cause discolouration of teeth.
Mode of Action of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Doxol-LB capsule contains doxycycline and lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Take Doxol-LB capsule as a whole with a glass of water.
- It can be taken with food or after your meals.
Interactions of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- The effect of Doxol-LB capsule decreases when antacids containing aluminium, calcium or magnesium are taken concomitantly.
- The antibiotic effect of penicillin is altered by the use of Doxol-LB capsule.
- The blood thinners like warfarin, when used with this medicine, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for psychiatric disorders such as phenytoin or carbamazepine if used along with Doxol-LB capsule, can reduce the anti-infective action.
- The effect of oral contraceptives may be altered by the use of this medicine. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used.
- Medicines like cyclosporine which is used to reduce the immune response should be avoided as they can interfere with the effect of this medicine.
- The use of methoxyflurane, an anaesthetic with this medicine, can result in severe toxicity in the kidney.
- Using medicines like Isotretinoin along with Doxol-LB capsule should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects of former medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Doxol-LB capsule be used in children?
Q: Can I have milk with Doxol-LB capsule?
- Doxycycline 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- DORYX Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- LACTOBACILLUS: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Monograph for Professionals - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Intra Life [Internet]. Intralifeindia.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Doxofine-100 LB capsule [Internet]. Intralifeindia.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]