Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doverin M Tablet is used to provide relief from muscle spasms and pain associated with various conditions. It is a combination of medicine containing drotaverine and mefenamic acid as an active ingredient. This medicine works by the combined action of both ingredients. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine that helps in relieving spasms, and mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve pain. You should not take this medicine if you recently had a heart attack, before bypass surgery of heart or if you have or ever had an ulcer in the stomach or intestine. Taking this medicine longer than the prescribed duration or taking it too often may cause undesirable effects. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should take a Doverin M Tablet with meals to reduce stomach upset....
|You Save||₹17.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Drotaverine(80.0 Mg),Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and spasm|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Drotaverine(80.0 Mg) + Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Doverin M Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain, and muscle spasms. It may be useful in pain due to bowel disorders, after surgery and due to kidney stones.
Contraindications of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, drotaverine or any of the ingredients of Doverin M Tablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma or stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
- If you had a heart attack recently, undergoing a coronary artery bypass graft. Do not take this medicine right before the surgery or after the surgery without consulting a doctor.
Side effects of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Doverin M Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Doverin M in pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need and may prescribe you only if the benefits to the mother outweighs the risk to the foetus.
Can I take Doverin M Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed if you are taking a Doverin M Tablet, as there is limited information available about its effect on the newborn baby. Thus, avoid using this medicine unless advised by your doctor after assessing the need and benefits.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doverin M Tablet?
Doverin M can cause dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, visual disturbance, etc. It would be better if you do no drive or operate any machinery when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Doverin M Tablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects, and it can also make you dizzier.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Doverin M.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pain and spasm are experienced due to the production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin and due to reduced calcium levels. Doverin M helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....
Directions for Use of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Doverin M Tablet as directed by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Doverin M works or Doverin M itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Doverin M as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- Doverin M should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Doverin M can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines, and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus if taken along with Doverin M can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Doverin M is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Doverin M Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Doverin M, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
A: If you have a history of low blood pressure, your doctor may ask you for regular blood pressure checkups because this medicine can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Q: Can Doverin M be used for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, it is helpful in relieving spasm and cramps associated with periods. However, for prolonged and painful episodes consult your doctor.
Q: Can I take Doverin M while breastfeeding?
A: No, constituents of Doverin M may pass into breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Q: Can we take Doverin M in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take a Doverin M Tablet with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: How long does it take for Doverin M to show its effect?
A: This medicine usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: How many times Doverin M can be taken in a day?
A: It should be taken as per the need or as advised by the doctor. The dose can vary depending on the severity of the condition. However, do not take it more often or more than recommended dose and duration.
- Drotaverine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Drotaverine HCL-Mefenamic Acid-DROTAFIX Tablet [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.