Dolar Syrup 60ml
By LARK LABORATORIES LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolar Syrup 60ml Description
Dolar syrup is used for the treatment of cough, a stuffy nose, sinus congestion due to allergies or the common cold. Dolar syrup contains a combination of phenylephrine, bromhexine and dextromethorph
an as its active ingredient. Phenylephrine is a decongestant medicine, bromhexine is a mucolytic medicine and dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant medicine. Dolar syrup should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions or you are currently taking any medicine.
|You Save||₹8.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine + Dextromethorphan + Phenylephrine|
|Uses||Allergic condition with cough|
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Bromhexine + Dextromethorphan + Phenylephrine
Uses of Dolar Syrup 60ml
Dolar syrup is used for the treatment of cough, stuffy nose and sinus congestion due to common cold or allergies.
Contraindications of Dolar Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to phenylephrine, bromhexine, dextromethorphan or any other ingredients of the Dolar syrup.
- If you have any lungs, heart or circulation related problems.
- If you have high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma or a hyperthyroidism, prostate problem.
- If you have pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have taken or are taking medicines for mental illness like Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAO inhibitors) in the last 14 days.
- If you are taking other medicines for mental illness like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (e.g. fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline).
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you are taking other medicines like codeine, which suppresses the cough.
Side effects of Dolar Syrup 60ml
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Dolar Syrup 60ml
Can I take the Dolar syrup during pregnancy?
Dolar may pass into the blood circulation of a developing baby and may adversely affect your baby. So, it is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Dolar syrup while breastfeeding?
Dolar syrup may pass into the breastmilk and may produce side effects in your baby, so do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Dolar syrup?
Dolar syrup may produce drowsiness and affect your ability to drive. So, it is advisable to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dolar syrup?
No, Dolar syrup produces drowsiness as its side effect, so if you use it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have weakness, asthma, liver, kidney or blood circulation problem, respiratory problems.
- You have a history of ulcers in the intestine or the stomach.
- You are taking any other cough and cold medicines.
- You experience any allergic reaction or side effects after taking this medicine.
- You are addicted to opioids, alcohol, prescription medicines or illegal medicines.
- You notice any of the following signs of addiction like a need to take the medicine for longer than advised, need to use more than the recommended dose, using the medicine for reasons other than those indicated....
- Dolar syrup should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dolar Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Phenylephrine is a decongestant medicine. It constricts the blood vessels in the congested areas like the sinus, nose and throat. Thus, it helps in relieving a stuffy nose and congested sinus.
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic medicine, which thins the mucous so it becomes easier to cough it out. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant medicine. It suppresses the coughing centre in the brain so decreases the frequency of coughing....
Directions for Use of Dolar Syrup 60ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Dolar Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dolar syrup works, or Dolar syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Dolar Syrup 60ml
- Store it at 20°- 25°C.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dolar Syrup 60ml
- An excess of the Dolar syrup may cause nausea, vomiting, muscle contractions, agitation, confusion, somnolence, disturbances in consciousness, involuntary and rapid eye movements, rapid heartbeats.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dolar syrup?
A: Dolar syrup is used for the treatment of cough. It is also useful to treat a stuffy nose and sinus congestion which may be due to a common cold or allergies.
Q: Can I give the Dolar syrup to my 2-year child for fever?
A: No, Dolar syrup cannot be used for a fever. It is used for cough along with allergic conditions. It should be used cautiously in children below 12 years of age under a doctor's supervision.
- Boots Blocked Nose Relief 12 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 April 2021]
- Boots Blocked Nose Relief 12 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 April 2021]
- Benylin Dry Coughs (Original) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 April 2021]
- Bromohexine Syrup [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2021 [cited 23 April 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed