Dilgard Xl 90mg Capsules
Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG Description
Dilgard Er Xl Capsule is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains diltiazem as an active ingredient. Dilgard Er Xl Capsule is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina (chest pa
in due to reduced blood supply to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to heart muscles. The medicine is to be taken as directed by the doctor before or after food. High blood pressure and angina are critical health conditions if not treated well may affect other organs of the body including the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, brain etc and may lead to heart attack, heart failure, vision loss, kidney failure. Taking the medicine regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with other lifestyle modifications such as eating a healthy diet low in salt and fat, staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and consuming alcohol in moderation may help you control blood pressure better. You should also inform the doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment. For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart).
Uses of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
Contraindications of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart block, sick sinus, heart failure.
- If you have heart failure along with fluid accumulation in the lungs.
- If you have taken or taking a muscle relaxant medicine dantrolene via injection.
Side effects of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
- Fluid retention
Precautions and Warnings of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a heart-related condition apart from what the medicine is being used for.
- You have slow heart rate problems, heart block, heart failure, etc.
- You have a condition called porphyria (a blood-related disorder that may affect the brain and skin).
- You are going for surgery which requires you to be on anesthesis, inform the doctor you are taking the medicine.
- You have a liver or kidney-related condition.
- You may experience mood changes and feel low very often after initiating treatment with the medicine.
Mode of Action of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor before or after taking food with water.
- Try to take the medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Interactions of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Dilgard Er Xl Capsule works, or Dilgard Er Xl itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Dantrolene a muscle relaxant medicine should never be taken while taking the medicine and medicines used vasodilators such as nitrates should not be taken along with the medicine as it may lead to a pronounced drop in blood pressure....
- Especially if you should be cautious if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, certain antibiotics, acidity medicines, steroids, medicines for a brain-related disorder, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, immunomodulators, medicines for heart conditions, and muscle relaxants....
Storage and disposal of Dilgard Er Xl 90 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused portion properly.