Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Diapride M Forte Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It contains glimepiride and metformin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, a condition where
blood sugar level rises above the normal range and cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone. This medicine lowers the raised blood glucose levels. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise along with the medicine. Diapride M Forte must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken with meals, with the first meal of the day. Take this tablet at the same time daily to gain optimal therapeutic benefit. Before using the Diapride M Forte, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke.
|You Save||₹38.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(1.0 G) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, low blood sugar|
- Amaryl M Forte 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sanofi15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 276.30₹ 234.85₹ 15.66/Tablet
- Glyciphage G2 Forte TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.00₹ 102.8528.86% CHEAPER₹ 10.28/Tablet
Uses of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or other ingredients of the Diapride M Forte Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have kidney or liver failure.
- If you have metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you suffer from dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have or had heart or lung failure, the incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level
Precautions and Warnings of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Diapride M Forte Tablet causes low blood sugar levels which leads to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. It is dangerous while driving.
- Consult the doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car while driving, in case you start feeling the symptoms of hypoglycemia, have the juice or chocolate.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid alcohol during treatment with Diapride M Forte Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way medicine works. Avoid consuming consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol while taking the medicine cause an increased risk of lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, have sugar or sweet juice. Inform the doctor as you may need a change in the medicine's dose....
- You suffer from pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are undergoing a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You suffer from dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You are undergoing surgery shortly.
- You have or had thyroid, kidney and liver disease.
- You skip meals or have irregular mealtimes.
- You suffer from weight gain (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Diapride M Forte Tablet controls blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin from the pancreas.
- Insulin passes sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar in the liver.
- Both of these components increases the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Diapride M Forte Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You may suffer from symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicine to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pill, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol alter the way the medicine works and may block the body's response to low blood sugar. This leads to dangerously low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pill, Enalapril may affect kidney functions if taken along with the medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid affect the way the medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Diapride M 2mg Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- An overdose of Diapride M Forte Tablet may lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up).
- This results in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these symptoms, take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy) and contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours....
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, dry mouth, the fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed taking a dose of the Diapride M Forte Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet must be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet must include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Keep fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid shopping when you are hungry. You end up buying oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid using maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid using cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what is the reason?
- Your blood sugar may fall if you skip meals, have irregular meal patterns, fasting, increase alcohol intake especially on an empty stomach or taking a double dose of the medicine. If you are taking medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, inform the doctor....
- Take juice or sugar candy with you, in case of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform the doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of the medicine.