Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ICARUS HEALTH CARE PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dezert 6 MG Description
Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets contains a steroid known as Deflazacort.
|₹14.70 (14% on MRP)
Check more medicines with composition as Deflazacort(6.0 Mg)
7 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Deflac 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 60.7659.14% CHEAPER₹ 6.08/Tablet
- Zefcort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.50₹ 73.1650.81% CHEAPER₹ 7.32/Tablet
- Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.00₹ 161.68₹ 16.17/Tablet
- Defza 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.40₹ 137.088.94% CHEAPER₹ 13.71/Tablet
- Defcort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 129.0014.31% CHEAPER₹ 12.90/Tablet
- Kortuf 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ikon Remedies Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 127.00₹ 109.2227.42% CHEAPER₹ 10.92/Tablet
- Mahacort Dz 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.10₹ 90.3939.99% CHEAPER₹ 9.04/Tablet
Uses of Dezert 6 MG
- Asthma, arthritis and allergies
- Treat problems related to your skin, heart, kidney, digestive system, blood or eyes
- Treatment of tumours
- Post-transplant to suppress the immune system
Contraindications of Dezert 6 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with live vaccine
- If you have an infection
Side effects of Dezert 6 MG
- Swelling of hands, feet, ankles, face
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Dezert 6 MG
Can I take Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets during pregnancy?
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will give you this medicine only if necessary.
Can I take Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as Corticosteroids pass in breast milk and may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets?
This medicine can cause dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo). If you experience any of these side effects, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of depression or mania or family history of mental illness
- You have fits
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers
- You have kidney, liver or heart disease
- You have tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma)
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis)
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes)
- You ever had a tuberculosis
- You have irregular menses
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected
- You are going to take any vaccine
Mode of Action of Dezert 6 MG
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroid like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions
Directions for Use of Dezert 6 MG
Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water, or take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Take this medication daily at identical time.
Interactions of Dezert 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage
- Oral contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Deflazacort may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Dezert 6 MG
Store this medicine below 25°C and keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Dezert 6 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is this medicine safe to use?
A: Before you start taking this medication, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking Dezert 6mg Strip Of 6 Tablets on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhea
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.