Derobin Oint 30gm
Derobin Oint 30gm Description
Derobin Ointment is used in the treatment of psoriasis. Psoriasis is a skin disorder in which skin cells get multiplied faster, creating bumpy red patches covered with white scales. These patches can
occur anywhere in the body but mostly they appear on the scalp, elbows, knees and lower back. These plaques may become itchy, painful and sometimes may bleed. It contains a combination of three medicines, Dithranol, Salicylic acid and Coal tar. Derobin ointment works by decreasing the skin cell multiplication and removes dead skin and helps in improving bumpy skin patches with scales. This ointment is for external application only.
|You Save||₹16.47 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dithranol(1.15 %) + Salicylic Acid(1.15 %) + Coal Tar(5.3 %)|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, skin rash, dry skin, redness, burning sensation|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Uses of Derobin Oint 30gm
Contraindications of Derobin Oint 30gm
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Derobin ointment.
- If you have psoriasis that is sore, tender, inflamed, and have small blisters filled with pus (pustular psoriasis).
- If you have psoriasis on your face.
- If you suffer from any inflammation of the hair follicles.
- If you have acne.
- If you have sensitivity or allergy to sunlight.
- If you have inflamed or broken skin like oozing wounds and infected skin.
- If you have a condition called lupus erythematosus.
- Do not use this ointment on your private parts.
Side effects of Derobin Oint 30gm
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Burning sensation at the area applied
- Staining of skin and hair
Precautions and Warnings of Derobin Oint 30gm
Other General Warnings
- You experience a severe burning sensation or skin irritation.
- Derobin ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- The use of this ointment on large areas of the skin and for a prolonged period can lead to toxicity producing symptoms like nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, deafness and other serious side effects....
- This medicine should not be applied on folded skin like the groin and breast area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membrane. Wash your hands properly after using it.
- Avoid contact with fabrics, plastics and other materials as it may permanently stain them.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure after applying this ointment.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames as fabric in contact with this medicine burns more easily and there is a risk of severe burns.
- Derobin ointment is not recommended for use in children as there is limited information about the safety and efficacy.
Mode of Action of Derobin Oint 30gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Derobin Oint 30gm
- Derobin ointment is meant for external use only. Use it in exact quantity and frequency as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds and gently rub the ointment on the affected area only. If you are applying on the scalp, first remove scales and debris with a comb and rub it on the affected area....
- Wash the ointment off as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with the face or eyes. In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Derobin Oint 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Derobin Oint 30gm
Dosage of Derobin Oint 30gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Derobin ointment used for?
Q: What are the side effects of using Derobin ointment?
Q: Can I use Derobin ointment for pimples?
Q: Can I apply Derobin ointment on open wounds?
Q: For how long should I use Derobin ointment?
Q: When to stop using Derobin ointment?
Q: How is Derobin ointment useful and how does it work?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Derobin ointment?
Q: Can I use Derobin for fungal infection?
Q: What is the composition of Derobin?
Q: Is Derobin harmful to the skin?
Q: Is Derobin antifungal?
Q: Can Derobin be used on the face?
Q: Can Derobin be used for ringworm?
- Dithrocream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Coal Tar (Exorex) Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]