Deriphyllin Retard 300
Deriphyllin Retard 300 Description
Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen with the presence of mucous, which le
ds to breathing difficulties and coughing. It contains Etofylline and Theophylline as active ingredients, known as bronchodilators medicine. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of the airway and cleaning the obstruction. This medicine should be taken for the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food, but it is better to take it at the same time every day for optimal benefit. Before using the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹7.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etofylline(231.0 Mg) + Theophylline(69.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Asthma or COPD|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, increased urination|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE|
Uses of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- If you are allergic to Theophylline, Etofylline or any other ingredients of Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet.
- If you have a rare blood disorder called Porphyria.
- If this tablet is given along with other medicines like Ephedrine to treat asthma to children less than 6 years of age.
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is contraindicated in children under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- Abdominal pain
- Increased urination
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical condition such as heart problems, including high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, or a thyroid problem, liver or kidney diseases, etc.
- You have any liver problems or stomach ulcers or thyroid problems.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have prostate-related issues (especially in aged males).
- It should not be used in children below 6 months of age.
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, which may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Retard 300
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet contains theophylline and etofylline and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet or Deriphyllin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- The use of anaesthetics like halothane with this medicine can result in irregular heartbeats.
- Anticancer medicines such as lomustine, when used with the Deriphyllin tablet may lead to decreased platelets.
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet, when used together with steroids and water pills, may result in decreased potassium levels.
- The use of any other medicines containing theophylline or derivatives of theophylline may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- Store Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablets at room temperature, away from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin Retard tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
Q: Can Deriphyllin 300 tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet contain steroids?
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet cause drowsiness?
Q: Can I stop taking tab Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet if I start feeling better?
Q: Should Deriphyllin tablet be taken empty stomach?
Q: How long does it take for Deriphyllin to work?
Q: What are the side effects of Deriphyllin retard 300?
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Etofylline nicotinate: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]