Deriphyllin Retard 300
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is used to treat lung and airway-related disorders such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Deriphyllin tablet is a combination of etofylline and theophylline as its active ingredients. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and clearing the obstruction. This medicine should be taken in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue this medicine on your own without informing your doctor. Inform the doctor about all other medicines you are taking, any diseases you are having or any allergies you have before starting with the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet.
Uses of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- As this medicine is a combination of two components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to theophylline, etofylline or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a rare blood disorder called Porphyria.
- If this tablet is given along with other medicines like Ephedrine to treat asthma to children less than 6 years of age.
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is contraindicated in children under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- Abdominal pain
- Dizziness, headache
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Can I take Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet during pregnancy?
Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet pass into human milk, which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet?
Since this medicine may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet?
Alcohol can alter the way this medicine works. So, it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an underlying medical condition such as heart problems, including high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, or a thyroid problem, liver or kidney diseases, etc.
- You have any liver problems or stomach ulcers or thyroid problems.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have prostate-related issues (especially in aged males).
- It should not be used in children below 6 months of age.
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, which may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Retard 300
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet contains theophylline and etofylline and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Retard 300
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Retard 300
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet or Deriphyllin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders.Read less
- The use of anaesthetics like halothane with this medicine can result in irregular heartbeats.
- Anticancer medicines such as lomustine, when used with the Deriphyllin tablet may lead to decreased platelets.
- Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet, when used together with steroids and water pills, may result in decreased potassium levels.
- The use of any other medicines containing theophylline or derivatives of theophylline may result in increased side effects.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Retard 300
The symptoms of an overdose may include blood vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness and fits. An individual may go into a coma as a result of severe side-effect. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase in heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet contain steroids?
A: No, Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet does not contain steroids. It contains a combination of Etofylline & Theophylline and is known as bronchodilators.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a side effect of the Deriphyllin Retard 300 tablet, so after taking this medicine, driving and handling any machinery should be avoided.
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 June 2021
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 June 2021]
- Etofylline nicotinate: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 30 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved