By ASHOK PHARMACEUTICALS
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Delcar 125 MG Description
Delcar Tablet is used for the treatment of roundworm infections such as filariasis and other infections which can affect various body parts. It contains diethylcarbamazine as the main component that
belongs to the class of anti-worm medicine. Delcar works by interfering with different metabolic processes of the parasite causing disease. Delcar Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is advised to complete the course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor to eradicate the disease.
|You Save||₹7.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, joint pain, tiredness, weakness, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Diethylcarbamazine(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Delcar 125 MG
- Filariasis: A worm infection which is characterized by swelling of limbs and area around genitals.
- Toxocariasis: A worm infection which can affect different organs, it mainly spreads through animals.
- Tropical eosinophilia: A worm infection characterized by coughing, wheezing and fever.
- Loiasis: A worm infection of the eye by a worm loa loa characterized by swelling around eyes.
Contraindications of Delcar 125 MG
- If you are allergic to diethylcarbamazine or any other ingredients of Delcar Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or think may be pregnant.
- If you have damaged your eyes due to a worm infection called river blindness.
Side effects of Delcar 125 MG
- Unusual tiredness
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Delcar 125 MG
Can I take Delcar Tablet during pregnancy?
Delcar Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Delcar Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Delcar Tablet passes into human milk. Hence, it would be best if you did not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Delcar Tablet?
Delcar Tablet can make you feel dizzy. Hence, it is advised that you should not drive or use machines when taking treatment with Delcar.
Can I consume alcohol with Delcar Tablet?
Delcar Tablet is not known to react with alcohol directly. However, as this medicine is broken down in the body by the liver and alcohol affects liver functioning, it is advised not to consume alcohol when on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any unusual symptoms after starting the treatment with Delcar Tablet
- You experience any allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You have a history of convulsions, seizures or fits
- You have an eye disorder called river blindness
- You may be asked to get your eyes checked by an eye doctor
- It is advised not to miss any doses of Delcar Tablet in such a treatment schedule to help clear up your infection completely.
Mode of Action of Delcar 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Delcar Tablet works by interfering with various processes essential for the survival of the worm. It interferes with the mobilization of infection-causing forms of the worm and increases the adherence of immune mediators cells to worm and killing of the worms....
Directions for Use of Delcar 125 MG
- Take Delcar Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you did not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Delcar 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Delcar Tablet may cause a decrease in heart rate when used with blood pressure medicines like Bisoprolol and Acetabulol. The effect of Amitriptyline which is a medicine used to treat psychiatric illness, can be decreased when used in combination with Delcar....
Storage and disposal of Delcar 125 MG
- Store Delcar Tablet in a closed container at room temperature.
- Keep it in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight, heat and away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly and do not throw them in wastewater.
Dosage of Delcar 125 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Delcar Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Delcar Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What happens in filariasis?
A: Filariasis is a painful and profoundly disfiguring disease caused by infection with parasites called roundworms. It is transmitted through the bites of infected mosquitos. It is usually characterized by oedema or swelling in limbs if left untreated; it can lead to temporary or permanent disability. Sometimes the limbs appear like limbs of an elephant. Hence the disease is also called elephantiasis.
Q: Is Delcar Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Delcar Tablet is an antimicrobial against worms or antihelminthic (helminths is the scientific term for worms) as it is specifically used against worm infections in the blood.
Q: Can I take Delcar Tablet if I get worm infestation in my gut?
A: It is not advised to take Delcar Tablet as medication against gut infections. Much safer and effective medicines are available for infestations of the gut that shall be prescribed by your doctor.
- Diethylcarbamazine: [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Goodman&Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics (12th Ed). Diethylcarbamazine. [Data on file]
- BANOCIDE / BANOCIDE FORTE (Diethylcarbamazine Citrate Tablets IP) [Internet]. Indiapharmagsk.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed