Defcort 24mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Defcort 24mg Tab is a steroid.
Uses of Defcort 24mg Tab
- Allergic and inflammatory conditions of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases (such as systemic lupus erythematous, autoimmune hepatitis, sarcoidosis), joint and muscle diseases, allergies and asthma.
- Skin, kidney, heart, digestive system, eye or blood disorders
- Defcort 24mg Tab uses also include suppression of the immune system in patients undergoing organ transplantation to reduce the chances of rejection.
Contraindications of Defcort 24mg Tab
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to Defcort 24mg Tab
- Recent history of live vaccination.
- Infection that has spread to the entire body (systemic infection) and is not being treated.
Side effects of Defcort 24mg Tab
- Weight gain, especially in the facial area
- Increased thirst and frequency of urination, which can be potential symptoms of diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Tuberculosis (which can recur if you have had it in the past)
- Muscular weakness
- Skin problems like acne, easy bruising and stretch marks
- Increased chances of getting an infection
- Irregular periods
- Difficulty in swallowing and white patches inside the mouth
- Headache, fits
- Eye problems like cataract and increased pressure inside the eye (after long-term use)
- Growth may be hampered in children and teenagers.
- Serious mental health problems like depression, suicidal tendencies, mood changes and anxiety can also occur due to Defcort 24mg Tab side effects.
Precautions and Warnings of Defcort 24mg Tab
Can I take Defcort 24mg Tab during pregnancy?
Defcort 24mg Tab crosses the placenta and can affect the developing baby so it is not be taken during pregnancy. If you are on Defcort 24mg Tab and if you happen to become pregnant while on it, do not stop this medicine abruptly on your own. Consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Defcort 24mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding, as it passes into human breast milk and can affect the growth of the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Defcort 24mg Tab?
Defcort 24mg Tab will not affect your ability to drive. But if it causes dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo) avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Defcort 24mg Tab?
No known interaction with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Take the medication regularly and make sure not to miss any dose. This medicine should never be stopped abruptly. Your doctor may reduce the doses gradually over a few weeks and take you off this medicine, if needed. Inform your doctor if you have a history of depression, mania, fits, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye problems, stomach ulcers or tuberculosis.
Mode of Action of Defcort 24mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Defcort 24mg Tab interferes with the release of steroids, which induce inflammation in the body thereby reducing inflammation and allergy. Additionally, it controls the autoimmune reactions within the body (the body's own tissues are interpreted as foreign and antibodies are produced to kill them)
Directions for Use of Defcort 24mg Tab
Make sure to take Defcort 24mg Tab at around the same time daily. Take the tablet as directed by the physician without altering Defcort 24mg Tab dosage or frequency of intake.
Interactions of Defcort 24mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood pressure medicine- bACE inhibitors, calcium-channel blockers, ?-blockers,
- Anti-diabetic medications
- Inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccine recently.
Interactions with food items
There is no relevant information for this product
Other general Interactions
There is no relevant information for this product
Storage and disposal of Defcort 24mg Tab
Keep Defcort 24mg Tab in the same package that it came in. Keep it out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Dosage of Defcort 24mg Tab
Inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose and do not take any extra Defcort 24mg Tab dosage to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should I take before consuming Defcort 24mg Tab?
A: Before taking the tablet, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it, to any of its ingredients or to any other medications. Tell your doctor about all the other medications you are taking or plan to take.
Q: How should this medicine be used?
A: Defcort 24mg Tab is taken by mouth as prescribed by the physician.
Q: What should I do in case of adverse reactions?
A: Seek medical advice from your doctor immediately. You may need to change the dose of the medicine if you experience unusual stress due to surgery, illness or infection. Also, inform your doctor if your symptoms worsen.
Q: What other information should I know while taking Defcort 24mg Tab?
- Do not miss any appointment with your doctor.
- Before going for a laboratory test, tell your doctor and the laboratory personnel that you are taking Defcort 24mg Tab
- Do not let anyone else take your medication.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved