D Glip 5mg Tablet
D Glip 5 MG Description
D Glip Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glipizide as its main component. It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus). This medicine
should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of D Glip 5 MG
Contraindications of D Glip 5 MG
- If you are allergic to glipizide or any other ingredients of D Glip Tablet.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- If you have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine.
- If you suffer from a condition called diabetic coma (episodes of unconsciousness).
Side effects of D Glip 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of D Glip 5 MG
- D Glip Tablet may cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating and inability to concentrate.
- You consume alcohol on a regular basis.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of D Glip 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of D Glip 5 MG
- D Glip Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken 30 mins before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of D Glip 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way D Glip Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, fungal infections, asthma, thyroid problems, fits, blood cholesterol, tuberculosis, stomach problems, ulcers, gout, bacterial infections or are taking water pills, steroids, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, painkillers and aspirin....
Storage and disposal of D Glip 5 MG
- Store D Glip Tablet in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children & pets.
Dosage of D Glip 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, drowsiness, headache, sweating, blurred vision, shakiness and unconsciousness.
- In case of overdose, immediately contact your doctor or visit a nearby clinic/hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of D Glip Tablet?
Q: What is the composition of D Glip Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]