Cufease Syrup 100ml
Cufease Syrup 100ml Description
Cufease Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. It is a combination of medicine containing chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as its active
ingredients. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. You should avoid taking the Cufease Syrup with other medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Cufease Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Cufease Syrup 100ml
- In case you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of this Syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent day time sleepiness)
- If you are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease) at least two weeks before starting treatment woth this Syrup . In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Cufease Syrup....
Side effects of Cufease Syrup 100ml
- Upset stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Cufease Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long time with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have eye problems like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to urinate (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. Be cautious while giving this Syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Cufease Syrup, as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this Syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this Syrup in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cufease Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose
- Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) which when activated produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing
Directions for Use of Cufease Syrup 100ml
- Take Cufease Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Cufease Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Cufease Syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness), and sweating. In such a situation patients should rush to a nearby hospital....
- Cufease Syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cufease Syrup 100ml
- Store Cufease Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cufease Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Cufease Syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
Q: How long does it take for Cufease Syrup to show its action?
Q: Can I take Cufease Syrup if I have an eye problem?
Q: How long do I need to take Cufease Syrup?
Q: Is it safe to use Cufease Syrup while breastfeeding?
- Pfizer. Corex D Syrup [Internet]. Pfizerpro.com [cited 11 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Children's Accudial [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- New Tixylix syrup (Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide) [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]