Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Ctd T Am Tablet is an antihypertensive medication. It contains a combination of amlodipine, chlorthalidone, and telmisartan as active substances. Ctd T Am Tablet is used in the treatment of high bloo
d pressure. It lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. Take Ctd T Am Tablet in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Ctd T Am Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|₹21.41 (14% on MRP)
|Amlodipine(5.0 Mg) + Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)
|High blood pressure
|Swelling of legs and feet, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness
Uses of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, chlorthalidone, telmisartan, or any of the other ingredients of Ctd T Am Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other medicines of the dihydropyridine type (one type of calcium channel blocker) or other sulfonamide-derived medicines. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor. ...
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If your kidneys fail to produce urine (anuria).
- If you have biliary blockage (problems with the drainage of bile from the liver and gallbladder).
- If you have narrowing of the aortic heart valve (aortic stenosis) or cardiogenic shock (a condition
- where your heart is unable to supply enough blood to the body).
- If you have heart failure after a heart attack.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling of legs and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney disorder or have had a kidney transplant.
- You have a history of allergy or bronchial asthma.
- You have narrowing of the blood vessels to one or both kidneys (renal artery stenosis).
- You have liver or heart disease.
- You have raised aldosterone levels.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are dehydrated or have salt deficiency due to the use of diuretics, a low-salt diet, diarrhoea, or vomiting.
- You have increased potassium levels in your blood.
- You have diabetes or narrowing of the aorta (aortic stenosis).
- You have heart-associated chest pain also at rest or with minimal effort (unstable angina pectoris).
- You have had a heart attack within the last four weeks.
- You are taking medicines called ACE inhibitors like enalapril, lisinopril, and ramipril or aliskiren (used to treat high blood pressure), and you have diabetes-related kidney problems.
- You are elderly.
- You are scheduled for surgery or anaesthesia.
Mode of Action of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ctd T Am Tablet contains a combination of amlodipine, chlorthalidone, and telmisartan as active substances.
- Telmisartan is an angiotensin-II receptor antagonist. Angiotensin II is a chemical produced in the body which causes blood vessels to narrow, thus increasing blood pressure. Telmisartan works by blocking the effect of angiotensin II and thereby lowering blood pressure. ...
- Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that stops calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall. This prevents the blood vessels from tightening and increasing blood pressure.
- Chlorthalidone prevents the reabsorption of sodium and chloride by blocking the sodium/chloride symporter. This reduces the plasma and extracellular fluid volume which thereby lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ctd T Am Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ctd T Am Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking lithium-containing medicines (used to treat some types of depression), medicines that may increase blood potassium levels such as salt substitutes containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics, angiotensin II receptor antagonists, ACE-inhibitors or aliskiren (used to lower high blood pressure), non steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like acetylsalicylic acid or ibuprofen (used to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation), heparin (used to thin the blood), immunosuppressives like cyclosporine or tacrolimus (used to prevent organ rejection after a transplant), trimethoprim, erythromycin (used to treat bacterial infections), rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), St. John’s wort (used to treat depression), dantrolene (infusion for severe body temperature abnormalities), medicines used for HIV/AIDS like ritonavir, for treatment of fungal infections (like ketoconazole), diltiazem (used to treat heart-related chest pain, simvastatin (used to treat increased levels of cholesterol), tubocurarine (used to cause muscle relaxation), norepinephrine (for controlling blood pressure in certain conditions), and digoxin (used for treating heart failure). ...
- Insulin requirements in diabetic patients may be increased, decreased, or unchanged, or a higher
- dosage of oral anti-diabetic medicines may be required when used together with Ctd T Am Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Ctd T Am Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ctd T Am 12.5/40/5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ctd T Am Tablet used for?
Q: Can Ctd T Am Tablet be used in pregnancy?
Other Products from this Brand
- CTD T 6.25/40MG 15'S STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- CTD T 12.5/40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- CTD T AM 6.25/40/5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CTD T 12.5/80MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CTD T AM 6.25/80/5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CTD T 12.5/40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CTD T 6.25/40MG TABLET
- CTD T 6.25/80MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CTD T 6.25/20MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS