Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet is a combination medicine used to lower the increased blood pressure when it cannot be managed using single component medicine. It contains chlorthalidone and telmisartan as two
active ingredients that belong to a class of medicines known as 'Diuretics' and 'Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)' respectively. It is broadly classified as antihypertensive medications. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increase diuresis, which acts synergistically to lower the raised blood pressure. Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it may cause a sudden hypertensive crisis and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor....
Uses of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or chlorthalidone or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Sulfasalazine and other medicines from this class.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have liver disorders.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and a decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
Side effects of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Can I take Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to cause fetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine can pass into breastmilk. It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet?
It is advised not to drive after taking this medicine. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it contains unwanted calories, and that can lead to unwanted weight gain, that's a risk factor for high blood pressure and it can also increase the unwanted side effects of this medicine and alter the effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed.
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive.
- You have underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney-related problem, heart-related disorder etc.
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have diabetes, as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed.
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Mode of Action of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do.
- Never stop this medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture. Thus, it should be taken out from the blister just before use
Interactions of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, antipsychotic medicines, painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant like tubocurarine etc.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking water tablets, Losartan, Aliskiren and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin and anticoagulant like heparin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin).
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interfere with the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C and try to keep it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your d
octor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine, as it may lead to high blood pressure-related problems. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....Read more
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have high blood pressure. Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What is Chlorthalidone? Is it the same as Chlorothiazide?
A: Chlorthalidone is a diuretic (water pill - increases the production of urine) like Hydrochlorothiazide but it is not a thiazide diuretic. Chlorthalidone is more potent and longer-acting compared to Chlorothiazide. Chlorthalidone is commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and oedema (fluid overload) associated with heart, kidney or liver diseases or due to other medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking the Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet?
A: Serum electrolytes should be regularly monitored while on treatment with Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet because it may alter blood potassium, sodium and chloride levels. Renal function also needs to be monitored closely as this medicine can compromise the functioning of kidneys in some patients. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination?
A: The excess fluid that builds up in the body gets eliminated via urine, lowering your blood pressure and provide relief from oedema.
Q: Can I stop this medicine if experience more side effects?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effect. He can suggest some alternative medicine.
- MICARDIS [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- THALITONE [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Telmisartan 20mg Glenmark Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Chlorthalidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Chlorthalidone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Telmisartan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹24.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Telmisartan(80.0 Mg),Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(6.25 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Breathlessness, Fainting, Muscle pain, Loose stools|
Last Updated on: 30 Aug 2021 | 07:03 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved