Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet Description
Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet is a combination medicine used to lower the increased blood pressure when it cannot be managed using single component medicine. It contains chlorthalidone and telmisartan as tw
o active ingredients that belong to a class of medicines known as 'Diuretics' and 'Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)' respectively. This is broadly classified as antihypertensive medications. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increase diuresis, which acts synergistically to lower the raised blood pressure. Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it may cause a sudden hypertensive crisis and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹39.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(80.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(6.25 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Breathlessness, Fainting, Muscle pain, Loose stools|
- Telma Ct 80mg/6.25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 410.50₹ 348.92₹
Uses of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Contraindications of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or chlorthalidone or any of the ingredients of Ctd-T tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Sulfasalazine and other medicines from this class.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have liver disorders.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and a decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
Side effects of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience fainting, giddiness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed.
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive.
- You have underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney-related problem, heart-related disorder etc.
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have diabetes, as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed.
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Mode of Action of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do.
- Never stop this medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture. Thus, it should be taken out from the blister just before use
Interactions of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, antipsychotic medicines, painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant like tubocurarine etc.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking water tablets, Losartan, Aliskiren and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin and anticoagulant like heparin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin).
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interfere with the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C and try to keep it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Ctd T 6.25/80mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine, as it may lead to high blood pressure-related problems. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have high blood pressure. Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What is Chlorthalidone? Is it the same as Chlorothiazide?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking the Ctd-T 6.25/80mg tablet?
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination?
Q: Can I stop this medicine if experience more side effects?
Q: What is the use of CTD T tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of CTD T tablet?
- MICARDIS [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- THALITONE [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Telmisartan 20mg Glenmark Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Chlorthalidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Chlorthalidone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Telmisartan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]