Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Creon Capsule is a replacement therapy for enzymes that are naturally produced by the pancreas. Certain diseased conditions like excessive mucous production that blockages the pancreatic duct (cystic
fibrosis), long term inflammation of the pancreas (chronic pancreatitis) and/or surgical removal of the pancreas lead to a deficiency of the necessary pancreatic enzymes. Creon Capsules contain the enzymes derived from animal source (pork).This medicine helps in the digestion of sugars, fats and proteins in individuals who have defective/non-functional pancreas. It is advised to drink plenty of water when consuming this medicine. It is advised that you consult your doctor about your medical conditions before the use of this capsule....
Uses of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
To treat conditions wherein there is a deficiency of the digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas.
Contraindications of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to any constituent in the capsule/animal origin product (contains pork).
- If you are suffering from a rare condition of narrowing of the digestive tract characterised by symptoms like abdominal pain, swelling, vomiting and constipation (fibrosis colonopathy) (Usually seen when patients with a hereditary disorder of the digestive system and lungs wherein the body produces mucous that blocks the lungs and pancreas (cystic fibrosis) are treated with a high dose of pancreatic enzymes)....Read more
Side effects of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Feeling of gases in the stomach (bloating)
- Changes in blood sugar levels-increase (hyperglycaemia/hypoglycaemia)
Precautions and Warnings of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Creon Capsules during pregnancy?
Creon Capsule are not known to have caused any serious side effects in pregnant women, nonetheless it is highly recommended to consult your doctor before use and avoid self-medication.
Can I take Creon Capsules while breastfeeding?
The active ingredients of Creon Capsule are not known to enter the breastmilk, yet it is advised that you should consult your doctor before consuming this medicine
Can I drive if I have consumed Creon Capsules?
Generally Creon Capsule does not interfere or hamper your ability to drive or operate complex machinery. If you feel nauseatic after taking this medicine it is advised not to drive. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Creon Capsules?
The medicine Creon Capsule shows no active interaction with alcohol. If you are suffering from inflammation or infection in the pancreas (pancreatitis), it is advised that you avoid alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to products that are of animal origin (this capsule contains pork).
- You are suffering from a rare condition wherein the digestive tract narrows and you may experience severe stomach pain, swelling, vomiting and constipation which is generally seen in patients with treatment of cystic fibrosis....Read more
- You have high levels of uric acid (gout).
- You are suffering from severe kidney disease.
- You experience an increased concentration of enzymes in the liver.
- You are taking folic acid supplements, as this medicine hinders the absorption of folic acid and iron in the body.
- You are diabetic and consuming medicines to maintain your blood sugar levels as this medicine may alter your blood sugar levels.
Mode of Action of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
The pancreas is a gland that produces the necessary enzymes for the digestion of various sugars, fats and proteins. Creon Capsule contains the enzymes namely lipase, amylase and protease in natural fo
rms which helps in the digestion of fats, sugars and proteins respectively....
Directions for Use of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take Creon Capsule in the correct dosage and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid concomitant use with medicine, those are multivitamins or folic acid supplements as this medicine decreases the absorption of folic acid and iron.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store the Creon Capsule at room temperature (15-25°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
- Store it in the original packaging.
Dosage of Creon 25000 Strip Of 10 Capsules
A severe overdose of the enzyme is associated with conditions like high uric acid levels in the blood (hyperuricemia) and urine (hyperuricosuria) and a condition of narrowing of the digestive tract wi
th severe stomach pain, nausea and vomiting in patients suffering from cystic fibrosis. If you think you have taken an overdose of Creon Capsule, it is recommended that you visit your doctor or nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Creon Capsule safe in children?
A: Yes generally, Creon Capsule is found to be safe in children, yet everyone is different and can react to the medicine in varied ways, thus kindly consult your child's paediatrician before administering the medicine. Avoid self-medication.
Q: Can I consume Creon Capsule with an antacid?
A: It is generally not advised to consume Creon 10000 with an antacid as they may interfere with each other's work.
Q: When should I avoid Creon Capsules?
A: You should avoid Creon Capsules if you are allergic to animal-based medicines (this medicine is pork-based), if you are on folic acid or iron supplements, if you have high levels of uric acid, if you are suffering from diabetes and/or you experience certain unwanted symptoms like severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, etc. Never abruptly stop any medicine, always consult your doctor before discontinuing any medication.
Q: Is it normal to experience fatty foul smelling stools when taking Creon Capsule?
A: No, it is not, foul-smelling fatty stool that typically floats is an undesirable effect of Creon Capsule, it is advised that you inform your doctor immediately for further line of treatment.
- Drugs H. Nebivolol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- CREON® (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules | Official HCP Site [Internet]. Creon.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Creon 10000 Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 10:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved