Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Coversyl Plus Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Coversyl Plus Tablet is a combination medicine and contains a combination of two medicines
erindopril and Indapamide. It works by removing excess fluid from the body and blocking the production of certain chemicals which tightens the blood vessels, this makes the blood flow easier. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and hence it is very important to take your medication on time along with following a healthy lifestyle. If hypertension is not treated well, it can affect many other organs of the body and can increase the risk of other conditions such as a heart attack, stroke, heart failure etc. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it may harm the growing foetus, if pregnancy is detected while you are taking this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Upset stomach
- Rashes & itching
- Visual disturbance
- Ringing in the ear
- The spinning of the head
- Muscle ache
Precautions and Warnings of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart, kidney or liver-related condition.
- You are taking a medicine containing Lithium (used to treat mood disorders).
- You have abnormally increased levels of a hormone, Aldosterone in your body.
- You are dehydrated or you have low levels of fluid in your body.
- You have gout, diabetes or have atherosclerosis (narrow blood vessels).
- You will be taking anaesthesia or supposed to undergo any diagnostic tests.
- You are elderly with impaired kidney function.
Mode of Action of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- It works by the combined action of Perindopril and Indapamide. Perindopril works by blocking the formation of certain chemicals responsible for tightening the blood vessels. This makes blood flow easier through the blood vessels....
- Indapamide is a diuretic that works by removing excess water and salt from the body and which helps reduce blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this tablet as suggested by your doctor and for the exact duration, it is prescribed for.
- Coversyl Plus is to be taken preferably before meals.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can worsen your condition.
Interactions of Coversyl Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Coversyl Plus tablet work and Coversyl Plus itself can affect the action of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain-related conditions, anti-diabetics, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers, medicines to modify immune response, steroids, anti-infectives, calcium supplements, medicines used to treat heart rhythm disorder etc....