Coversyl Plus Tab
By SERDIA PHARMACEUTICALS (INDIA) PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coversyl Plus Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Coversyl Plus Tablet is a combination medicine and contains a combination of two medicines Perindopril and Indapamide. It works by removing excess fluid from the body and blocking the production of certain chemicals which tightens the blood vessels, this makes the blood flow easier. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and hence it is very important to take your medication on time along with following a healthy lifestyle. If hypertension is not treated well, it can affect many other organs of the body and can increase the risk of other conditions such as a heart attack, stroke, heart failure etc. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it may harm the growing foetus, if pregnancy is detected while you are taking this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Coversyl Plus Tab
For the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Coversyl Plus Tab
If you are allergic to any ingredient of this medicine or similar medicines. If you have a history of previous allergy (wheezing, swelling of face, itching) after taking similar medicines. If you have diabetes or kidney failure and you are being treated with a medicine called Aliskiren (used to lower blood pressure). If your liver is not functioning properly or you have a kidney condition called renal artery stenosis(reduced blood supply to kidneys). If you are already taking a blood pressure-lowering medicine containing Sacubitril/Valsartan. If you have low levels of potassium in your body, you are on dialysis or untreated decompensated heart failure(severe water retention, difficulty in breathing). During pregnancy and lactation.
Side effects of Coversyl Plus Tab
- Upset stomach
- Rashes & itching
- Visual disturbance
- Ringing in the ear
- The spinning of the head
- Muscle ache
Precautions and Warnings of Coversyl Plus Tab
Can I take the Coversyl Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it can harm the growing foetus. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor to start an alternative therapy.
Can I take the Coversyl Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine may pass into breast milk. It should not be used by a lactating woman.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Coversyl Plus Tablet?
This medicine does not affect the alertness of an individual. However, it can lead to low blood pressure in some people which is usually accompanied by fainting and dizziness. Avoid driving if you experience any of such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Coversyl Plus Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicine. Take your doctors advice if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart, kidney or liver-related condition.
- You are taking a medicine containing Lithium (used to treat mood disorders).
- You have abnormally increased levels of a hormone, Aldosterone in your body.
- You are dehydrated or you have low levels of fluid in your body.
- You have gout, diabetes or have atherosclerosis (narrow blood vessels).
- You will be taking anaesthesia or supposed to undergo any diagnostic tests.
- You are elderly with impaired kidney function.
Mode of Action of Coversyl Plus Tab
How Does It Work?
- It works by the combined action of Perindopril and Indapamide. Perindopril works by blocking the formation of certain chemicals responsible for tightening the blood vessels. This makes blood flow easier through the blood vessels.Read less
- Indapamide is a diuretic that works by removing excess water and salt from the body and which helps reduce blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Coversyl Plus Tab
- Take this tablet as suggested by your doctor and for the exact duration, it is prescribed for.
- Coversyl Plus is to be taken preferably before meals.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can worsen your condition.
Interactions of Coversyl Plus Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Coversyl Plus tablet work and Coversyl Plus itself can affect the action of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain-related conditions, anti-diabetics, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers, medicines to modify immune response, steroids, anti-infectives, calcium supplements, medicines used to treat heart rhythm disorder etc.Read less
Storage and disposal of Coversyl Plus Tab
Store Coversyl Plus tablet at room temperature, away from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Coversyl Plus Tab
An overdose of Coversyl Plus can lead to an excessive drop in blood pressure accompanied by nausea, vomiting, cramps, dizziness, sleepiness and frequent urination. If you have taken too much of this medicine inform your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of blood pressure-lowering medicine as missing a dose can lead to an increased risk of complications. Try to take the missed dose as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is already time for the next dose and do not take two doses of this medicine together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Coversyl plus?
A: Coversyl Plus tablet should be taken before meals preferably in the morning or as advised by your doctor.
Q: How does Coversyl Plus work?
A: It works by the combined action of its two active ingredients Perindopril and Indapamide. Perindopril works by inhibiting the formation of a chemical responsible for tightening blood vessels, hence reduces the blood pressure by making the blood flow easier. Indapamide removes excess fluid and salt from the body.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Mar 2021 | 09:24 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved