Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet Description
Concor Am Tablet is used in treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing bisoprolol and amlodipine. Tiredness, dizziness and headache are the most common side effects of
t. It should not be stopped without a doctor's advice. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should not use this medicine. Tell your doctor beforehand about any other medicines you are taking.
Uses of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Contraindications of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to bisoprolol and amlodipine or any other ingredients of Concor Am Tablet.
- If you experience Shock related to the heart (a condition where the body is not getting enough blood).
- If you have any heart-pumping outflow obstruction.
- If you have a history of unstable heart failure (pumping problem of the heart may occur after heart attack).
- If you have a history of Atrioventricular block (AV block) (type of heart block that occurs when the electrical signal travelling from the upper chambers of the heart to the lower chambers of the heart, is impaired)....
- If you have decreased heart rate or if you have asthma.
- If you are experiencing severe blood circulation problems in your limbs (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), which may cause your fingers and toes to tingle or turn pale or blue.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you have metabolic acidosis (Metabolic acidosis is a serious electrolyte disorder characterized by an imbalance in the body's acid-base balance).
Side effects of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- Blurring of vision
- Increased heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling around the ankles
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You have experienced a recent heart attack.
- You have the tendency of heart failure (pumping problem).
- You have diabetes, you are an elderly patient or have any thyroid disorder.
- You suffer from a severe increase in blood pressure (hypertensive crisis).
- You follow strict fasting (fasting from solid food).
- You have certain heart diseases such as disturbance in heart rhythm or severe chest pain at rest (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- Blood circulation problem in your limbs.
- You have asthma or chronic lung disease.
- You have a history of a scaly skin rash (psoriasis).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland (medulla) (pheochromocytoma).
- Also, tell your doctor if you are going to have Desensitization therapy or any surgery.
Mode of Action of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- Take Concor Am Tablet as a whole with sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast.
Interactions of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Concor Am Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infection, HIV infection, medicines for heart disease, antibiotic medicines, painkillers and medicines for asthma.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed by people who are taking Concor Am Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- Concor Am Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.