Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
By MERCK LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Concor am tablet contains medicine named as Bisoprolol and Amlodipine. These medicines are used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Do not take this medicine if you are having an allergy, heart problems (like abnormal heart rhythm, pumping problems), asthma, circulation problem, electrolyte imbalance and adrenal gland tumour. Tiredness, dizziness and headache are the most common side effects of it. It should not be stopped without doctors advise. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use this medicine. Tell your doctor beforehand about any other medicines if you are using.
Uses of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
This medicine is used in the treatment of high blood pressure whose blood pressure cannot be control with a single medicine.
Contraindications of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Bisoprolol and Amlodipine.
- If you experience shock related to the heart (a condition where the body is not getting enough blood).
- If you have any heart-pumping outflow obstruction.
- If you have a history of unstable heart failure (pumping problem of the heart may occur after a heart attack).
- If you have a history of Atrioventricular block (AV block) (a type of heart block that occurs when the electrical signal travelling from the upper chambers of the heart to the lower chambers of the heart, is impaired).read less
- If you have a decreased heart rate.
- If you have asthma.
- If you are experiencing severe blood circulation problem in limbs (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), which may cause your fingers and toes to tingle or turn pale or blue.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
- If you have metabolic acidosis (Metabolic acidosis is a serious electrolyte disorder characterized by an imbalance in the body's acid-base balance).
Side effects of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- Blurring of Vision
- Increased heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Pain in the Abdomen
- irregular bowel movements
- Swelling around the ankles
- Weakness and muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Concor am tablet during pregnancy?
No. This medicine may pass in to the blood of baby and adversely affect your baby. So It is advisable to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant, stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Concor am tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass in to the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby so It is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Concor am tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, headaches, tiredness or sickness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react. Hence, do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Concor am tablet?
Chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So avoid using this medicine with alcohol
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver diseases.
- You have experienced a recent heart attack.
- You have the tendency of heart failure (pumping problem)
- You suffer from a severe increase in blood pressure (hypertensive crisis)
- You follow strict fasting (fasting from solid food).
- You have certain heart diseases such as disturbance in heart rhythm or severe chest pain at rest (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- blood circulation problem in your limbs.
- You have asthma or chronic lung disease.
- You have a history of a scaly skin rash (psoriasis).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland (medulla) (phaeochromocytoma).
- thyroid disorder.
- Also, tell your doctor if you are going to have Desensitization therapy or any surgery.
Mode of Action of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Amlodipine blocks the calcium channels present in the blood vessels and decreases the tone of blood vessels i.e. it relaxes the blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure. Bisoprolol is a beta-receptor blocker, which decreases the rate of pumping of the heart and decreases the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, always take this medicine at the same time for example- early morning before breakfast. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.read less
Interactions of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of amantadine or increase the chances of side effects.read less
- Concomitant use of medicines such as ketoconazole or itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection) rifampicin, erythromycin, clarithromycin (antibiotic medicines) hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort -used for mental illness) diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat heart diseases) and this medicine can alter the effect of this medicine.read less
- Use of medicines like Dantrolene (used for severe body temperature abnormalities) with this medicine can result in increased potassium levels in the body leading to heart-related complications. Hence, this combination should be avoided.read less
- The effects of medicines like trimethoprim and co-trimoxazole (for infections caused by bacteria), temsirolimus (for cancer), simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicine) is increased when used together with this medicine. This increases the risk of side effects.read less
- This medicine may lower your blood pressure even more if you are already taking any other medicines to treat your high blood pressure.
- Medicines for controlling the blood pressure or medicines for heart problems (such as amiodarone, amlodipine, clonidine, digitalis glycosides, diltiazem, disopyramide, felodipine, flecainide, lidocaine, methyldopa, moxonidine, phenytoin, propafenone, quinidine, rilmenidine, verapamil) when used together can result in complications associated to the heart.read less
- Use of Anaesthetic agents while using this medicine can result in severe low blood pressure.
- Use of certain pain killers (acetylsalicylic acid, diclofenac, indomethacin, ibuprofen, naproxen) can decrease the effect of this medicine when used together.
- medicines for asthma or medicines used for a blocked nose, medicines used for certain eye disorders such as glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) or used to widen the pupil of the eye may alter the effect of this medicine.read less
- Certain medicines to treat clinical shock (e.g. adrenaline, dobutamine, noradrenaline).
- Use of Mefloquine, a medicine for malaria together with this medicine can result in abnormal heartbeats.
- medicines to treat severe headaches or migraines (ergotamine derivatives).
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed by people who are taking Amlodipine tablets, because it can lead to an increase in the blood levels of the active ingredient amlodipine, which can cause severely low blood pressure and other side-effects of this medicine.read less
Storage and disposal of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Concor Am 2.5mg Tablet
Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Overdose may increase the side effect of medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause your blood pressure to become low or even dangerously low. You may feel dizzy, tremor, lightheaded, faint or weak. If the blood pressure drop is severe enough shock can occur. Your skin could feel cool and clammy and you could lose consciousness. slow heartbeat, severe breathing difficulties can occur. Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many tablets.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For which condition Concor am tablet is used?
A: Concor am tablet contains medicine named as Bisoprolol and Amlodipine. This combination of medicine is used for treating high blood pressure, especially if it is not controlled by single medicine.
Q: When to stop taking this medicine?
- Do not stop this medicine abruptly or without doctors advise. Sudden stoppage of this medicine may increase the chances of returning of symptoms or it may get flared up.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved