Combutol 1gm Tablet
Combutol 1 G Description
Combutol 1000 is a tablet form which is manufactured by Lupin Ltd. Its active component is ethambutol. It is an antibiotic belonging to the class of anti-tuberculosis medicine. It is basically used f
or the prevention and treatment of tuberculosis disease. Tuberculosis is a serious infectious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis. It mainly affects the lungs and some other parts of the body such as the brain, spine, etc. Most of the patients suffering from tuberculosis are asymptomatic (they do not show any symptoms). It is a communicable disease. It is spread via droplets of cough and sneeze. Some of the symptoms of tuberculosis are continuous weight loss, cough, sputum with or without blood, night sweats, fever, etc. There are three stages of tuberculosis, i.e., exposure, latency, and active stage. Combutol is given in combination with at least one tuberculosis medicine. This medicine should not be taken without the consultation of a doctor. This medicine should be taken at the same time of the day with or without food. This medicine should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of resistance towards the medicine, which can lead to serious health issues.
|You Save||₹17.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Tuberculosis (TB), Bacterial infection|
|Side effects||Visual impairment. Colour blindness. Pain in joints. Swelling of joints. Chills, Headache, Loss of appetite|
Uses of Combutol 1 G
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Bacterial infection
Contraindications of Combutol 1 G
- If you are allergic to Combutol tablets or their active ingredient
- If you consume alcohol
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have ocular (eye) disease, such as diabetic retinopathy, ocular neuritis, cataract
- If you have a Kidney disease
- If you have a Liver disease
- If you are a child
- If you have gout
Side effects of Combutol 1 G
- Visual impairment
- Colour blindness
- Pain in joints
- Swelling of joints
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Combutol 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You should talk to your doctor about your medical history, as some of the diseases can make you more susceptible to some of the side effects or can intensify the effect of side effects. It should not be given to children below 12 years of age....
- Talk to your doctor if,
- You take other medications and allergies.
- Your condition does not improve or worsen after taking the medication.
- You want to stop the medication. This medicine should not be stopped abruptly. It should be taken for the time period as prescribed by the doctor. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or development of resistance towards the medicine, which can lead to serious health issues, so it should be stopped only when suggested by the doctor....
- If you develop chest tightness, wheezing, bad cough, bluish or greyish discolouration of the skin, swelling of face, lips, etc.
- You are trying to conceive or breastfeeding the baby or are on birth control pills.
- In case of a regular missing dose.
- In case of overdose.
Mode of Action of Combutol 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Combutol 1 G
- Combutol tablets should be taken in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. It should be swallowed as a whole with water. It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- Combutol tablets can be taken with or without food. It should be taken at a fixed time daily. Avoid missing the dose or forgetting the dose.
- Do not stop or change the dose of the medicine without consulting the doctor. Do not take 2 tablets at once; it could be dangerous for your health.
- It is advisable to take combutol with an antacid that contains aluminium at least four hours before or after taking medicine.
- This medicine should not be skipped, even after the resolution of the symptoms. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of resistance towards the medicine, which can lead to serious health issues....
Interactions of Combutol 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Combutol tablets interact with the following medicines:-
- Medicines containing aluminium hydroxide as the main ingredient can impair the absorption of Combutol.
- Cholera vaccine
Interactions with food items
- It is unknown whether to be taken with alcohol or not.
- As such, no food interactions are reported with Combutol tablets.
Storage and disposal of Combutol 1 G
Dosage of Combutol 1 G
Missed a Dose
DR. Pallavi Kaushik
BDS & Masters in Clinical Research
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology