Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
12g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clop-G cream contains a combination of Clobetasol and Gentamicin. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties and Gentamicin is an antibacterial agent. Clop-G cream is used for the tr
eatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions where secondary bacterial infection is present, suspected or likely to occur. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Clop-G cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor....
Uses of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
Clop-G cream is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as psoriasis, itchy rash (lichen planus), eczema and dermatitis complicated by a bacterial infection. It helps in managing the sy
mptoms like scratching, red sores, pain, itching and oozing when associated with skin infections....
Contraindications of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Gentamicin or any of the ingredients in this medicine
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for nappy rash
Side effects of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
Can I apply Clop-G cream during pregnancy?
Clop-G cream should be avoided during pregnancy as it can be harmful to the unborn baby, especially during the first three months. During this time, the baby’s organs and body parts are formed. You should consult your doctor before using Clop-G cream during pregnancy. Avoid using it for the prolonged duration on large skin areas.
Can I apply Clop-G cream while breastfeeding?
Clop-G cream passes into human milk. Hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. However, your doctor may give you this medicine, if it is really needed and an advantage overweighs the risk. This cream should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Clop-G cream?
Clop-G cream is to be applied externally and no information is available for its effect on driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Clop-G cream?
Clop-G cream is to be applied externally and no information is available for its use with alcohol consumption but you should avoid consuming alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any allergic reaction to any steroids in the past
- If you have psoriasis, as there are chances of decrease effectiveness gradually, you should visit your doctor periodically
- If you develop infection or superinfection after using this medicine
- If you are applying this cream on a cut or broken skin or on a larger part of the skin
- If you are using Clop-G skin cream on the face as it should be applied for a minimum time and as directed by your doctor
- You should avoid getting any cream into your eyes, eyelids, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, genitals and anus. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water
- Clop-G cream should not be used in children below the age of 1 year
- The long term use of this medicine in children below 12 years should be avoided
- It should be avoided if you develop diarrhoea or abdominal cramps, consult your treating physician at the earliest
- Using Clop-G for a long time without proper medical guidance is not recommended. This may cause the growth of fungi at the site of application which may lead to the development of itching and scaling.In this case, it is advised to stop applying the medication and consult your treating physician...Read more
Mode of Action of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Clop-G cream works by the combined action of its two components. During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection
Directions for Use of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
- Use Clop-G cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions
- For external use only, read the label carefully before applying the cream
- Wash your hands before and after using Clop-G cream unless your hands are the area to be treated
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor
Interactions of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Clop-G cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions...Read more
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Gentamicin & Clobetasol, any interactions seen with these 2 components when taken alone may occur with this combination...Read more
- Concomitant use of this cream along with medicines like Ritonavir (used to treat AIDS) and Itraconazole (an antifungal medicine). These medicines decrease the breakdown of steroids in the body. This causes an increase in levels of steroids in blood and increases the risk of side effects...Read more
Storage and disposal of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
- Store Clop-G cream below 25°C in a clean and dry place
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Do not use expired medicines and promptly discard them
Dosage of Clop G Tube Of 12gm Cream
As Clop-G skin cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have ap
plied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess with a tissue or cotton. If Clop-G cream is applied to a large area or is used for a long time, it can be absorbed into the blood. Excess of this medicine will lead to steroid toxicity....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results. If you missed any dose of med
icine, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not apply a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know if I am allergic to Clop-G cream?
A: If you are allergic to Clop-G cream, you may develop one or more of the following symptoms immediately after applying or within a short time - swelling, redness and itching at the site of application. In such a case, you should contact your doctor or visit the hospital.
Q: Can I stop taking Clop-G skin cream when I feel better?
A: No, you should continue using Clop-G cream as long as it is advised by your treating physician, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may reduce soon but it takes time for the infection to be completely cured. Also, since it contains a steroid medication, the dose of application has to be lowered gradually.
Q: Can I use it for my child who is more than 1 year old?
A: Children have more delicate skin as compared to adults. Hence, Clop-G cream may be absorbed in large amounts leading to side effects. It is advised to use this medication in children only if a specialist prescribes it. It is also important to use it exactly as described by the doctor.
Q: I heard from my friend that Clop-G cream is good for dark spots. How much should I apply for it?
A: Dark spots can be due to a number of reasons like stress, hormonal changes due to age or pregnancy, healing of pimples, insect bite, injury, or due to some medication. It is advised to consult a dermatologist for it. Clop-G cream is not recommended to be used for dark spots.
Q: Can I use Clop-G every day?
A: You should use this cream only for the prescribed duration and should not use it for more than 7 days. Do not use this medicine unnecessarily when not required.
Last Updated on: 08 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved