Clavam Dry Syp
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavam Dry Syp contains combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
|You Save||₹10.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(31.25 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Clavulanic Acid(31.25 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Clavam Dry Syp
- Treatment of infections caused by bacteria like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clavam Dry Syp
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before
Side effects of Clavam Dry Syp
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam Dry Syp
Can I take Clavam Dry Syp during pregnancy?
- It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy.
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor it really required.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Clavam Dry Syp while breastfeeding?
- It is adviced not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
- The components of this medicine passes into breast milk & known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavam Dry Syp?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavam Dry Syp?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like diziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You have diarrhea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Clavam Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
- Clavam Dry Syp acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helsps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Clavam Dry Syp
Take medicine as directed by your doctor. For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle. Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle. Reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle....
Interactions of Clavam Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR
- Increased side effects of when taken with methotrexate (used in treatment of cancer)
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Clavam Dry Syp
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Clavam Dry Syp
- Taking Clavam Dry Syp in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention
- If you overuse this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be the sign of inflammation of large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to pencillin, can I take Clavam Dry Syp?
A: Never take this medicine if you are alllergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.