Clarie Xr 500mg Tablet
Clarie Xr 500 MG Description
Clarie Xr Tablet is used in various infections on the body like the skin, soft tissue, chest and stomach infections. It contains clarithromycin which is an antibiotic medicine. It acts by stopping th
multiplication of bacteria. Do not take Clarie Xr Tablet if you are having an allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Clarie Xr Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Clarie Xr 500 MG
- Clarie Xr Tablet is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe).
- It is also used in the treatment of ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Clarie Xr 500 MG
- If you have any history of allergy to any of the contents of Clarie Xr Tablet or other macrolide antibiotics.
- If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation.
- If you have any member in the family having a history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation.
- If you have any liver and/or kidney problems.
- If you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide (as these medicine along with Clarie Xr Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- If you are taking other medicines which may produce abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have low potassium levels in the blood.
- If you are taking medicines like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), colchicine (for gout), ticagrelor, ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), lovastatin, simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicines)....
Side effects of Clarie Xr 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Clarie Xr 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have or had a history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level has previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Clarie Xr Tablet.
- You have used Clarie Xr Tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Clarie Xr Tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (medicines used in brain-related diseases).
- You take other medicines which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Clarie Xr Tablet therapy immediately. ...
- It is not recommended to use Clarie Xr Tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Clarie Xr 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clarie Xr 500 MG
- Take Clarie Xr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Clarie Xr 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Clarie Xr Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Clarie Xr Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- Concomitant use of Clarie Xr Tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal heart rhythm.
- The use of Clarie Xr Tablet with nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence, if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored. ...
- The effect of Carbamazepine, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy or fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine....
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood-thinning medicines) with Clarie Xr Tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Clarie Xr 500 MG
- Store Clarie Xr Tablet below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Clarie Xr 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin the same as Amoxicillin?
Q: What is the use of Clarie Xr Tablet?
Q: Is Clarie Xr Tablet an antibiotic?
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]