Claforan 1gm Injection
Claforan 1 G Description
Claforan Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infection of the lungs, airways, skin and gynaecological diseases. It contains cefotaxime as an active component that belongs to the cephalosporin
class of antibiotics. This injection will be given to you at the hospital under medical supervision.
Uses of Claforan 1 G
Contraindications of Claforan 1 G
Side effects of Claforan 1 G
- Pain, tenderness and swelling at the injection site
- Rashes, itching, fever
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Claforan 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this medicine or penicillin and have a history of serious allergic reaction.
- You experience skin redness, weakness.
- You have developed diarrhoea and it is persistent, seek immediate medical help.
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disorder, any kind of heart problem, etc.
- You have a known medical condition like liver or kidney function problem or any kind of heart-related disorder, etc.
- You are taking medicines like Streptomycin or Amikacin along with this medicine, a regular kidney function test is recommended.
Mode of Action of Claforan 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Claforan 1 G
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Claforan 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Claforan Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Antibiotics like streptomycin and water pills like furosemide when taken along with this injection can affect your kidney function, close monitoring of kidney function is recommended.
- Patients on anti-gout medicine like probenecid with existing kidney function problem should be cautious.
Storage and disposal of Claforan 1 G
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Once the vial is opened, use it immediately.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.