Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
Price to be Updated
Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml Description
Cipzy Suspension is an antibiotic and is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, throat, lungs, urinary tract, bone and joint, skin and soft tissues. It contains ciprofloxac
in as its active ingredient. Cipzy Suspension works by inhibiting the growth and reproduction in bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor without fail and without missing any dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
Contraindications of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of Cipzy Suspension
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasms).
Side effects of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical condition or family history of medical condition of liver, kidney, brain, heart or diabetes.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis that causes muscle weakness or tendon related disorder.
- You experience any mental health problems or diarrhoea while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have problems with your eyesight.
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, sudden pain in your stomach, back or chest stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to sunlight or UV light.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
- Take Cipzy Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions carefully on the label before using the medicine.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cipzy Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners or other medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasms, fits, Parkinson's disease.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Cipzy Suspension should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Other medicines like cyclosporin, metoclopramide, methotrexate, theophylline, sildenafil, zolpidem should be used with caution along with Cipzy Suspension.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
- Store Cipzy Suspension below 30°C, protect if from direct sunlight, heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cipzy 125mg Suspension 30ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cipzy Suspension?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cipzy Suspension?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Cipzy Suspension may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Are there any side effects with Cipzy Suspension?
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Ciproxin 250 mg/5 mL granules and solvent for oral suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- DailyMed - CIPROFLOXACIN [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021[cited 26 November 2021]