Cipzen D Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cipzen D tablet helps in relieving pain and it is used for the treatment of acute pain (sudden pain which lasts for a small duration). Cipzen D tablet contains a combination of two active ingredients - diclofenac and serratiopeptidase. It works by inhibiting the action of inflammatory mediators and promotes healing. Cipzen D should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
|You Save||₹39.00 (30% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg),Serratiopeptidase(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and swelling|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, spinning of head, stomach discomfort, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Serratiopeptidase(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Cipzen D Tablet
Cipzen D tablet is used for the treatment of acute pain in adults.
Contraindications of Cipzen D Tablet
- If you are allergic to diclofenac, serratiopeptidase or any ingredient of Cipzen D tablet.
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older).
- Do not take this medicine for relieving pain before, during or after cardiac bypass surgery.
Side effects of Cipzen D Tablet
- Spinning of head
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Cipzen D Tablet
Can I take Cipzen D Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Cipzen D during the last trimester of pregnancy as there is a risk to the foetus and the mother. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of delivery or increase the risk of bleeding. During the first and second trimesters, it can be used if prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor may advise proper dose and duration depending on your condition. A low dose with a shorter duration of treatment is usually recommended.
Can I take Cipzen D Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding to avoid undesirable side effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cipzen D Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, giddiness, sleepiness and drowsiness after taking Cipzen D. Avoid driving if you have any such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Cipzen D tablets?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen your liver problems and cause other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your kidneys and liver are not functioning properly or have any associated disorders.
- You have high blood pressure and other heart-related disorders such as heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- You have stomach or intestinal ulcers or have perforations or bleeding problems in any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- You have a condition called Crohn's disease (Inflammatory bowel disease).
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You consume alcohol regularly, concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You experience skin rashes, allergy and lesions after taking this medicine.
- Women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should not use this medicine.
Mode of Action of Cipzen D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cipzen D tablet works by the combined action of its two components. Diclofenac inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offering anti-inflammatory properties....
- Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that helps in breaking down or dissolving the abnormal proteins at the site of inflammation and promotes healing.
Directions for Use of Cipzen D Tablet
- Cipzen D tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken before meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cipzen D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Cipzen D tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this tablet works if taken at the same time. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines such as anti-hypertensive medicines, water pills, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, heart and brain-related medicines, anti-epileptic medicines, blood thinners, etc....
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines such as colestipol and cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 6 hours.
- Cipzen D should not be taken for 2 weeks after administration of oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Cipzen D Tablet
- Store Cipzen D tablet at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cipzen D Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Cipzen D tablet include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, rarely diarrhoea, dizziness, drowsiness, etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Cipzen D tablet take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Cipzen D tablet?
A: Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, consume alcohol regularly as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage. Discuss with your doctor about any health conditions you have to before taking this medicine.
Q: Can I use Cipzen D in stomach ulcers condition?
A: Do not use this medicine if you have active stomach ulcers or a history of stomach ulcers as it may further aggravate the ulcers and can cause bleeding from ulcers.
Q: Can we use Cipzen D when trying to conceive?
A: No, you should not use Cipzen D if you are planning a baby or taking any fertility treatment. This medicine can interfere with ovulation in females.
Q: Is Cipzen D tablet effective against edema?
A: No, Cipzen D has no action against edema. The components of this medicine can cause edema and water retention. Therefore, you should avoid taking it for edema and in the case of kidney disfunction.
Q: Is Cipzen D a muscle relaxant?
A: No, it is a pain-relieving medicine and it does not have muscle relaxant properties.
Q: How Long does Cipzen D take to show its effects?
A: This medicine can start showing its effects approximately after 1 hour of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Is Cipzen D an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-inflammatory painkiller.
Q: When should I take Cipzen D tablet?
A: This medicine should preferably be taken with food to avoid stomach upset or as advised by the doctor.
Q: Is Cipzen D a steroid?
A: No, Cipzen D is not a steroid.
Q: What is the composition of Cipzen D?
A: Cipzen D composition consists of diclofenac and serratiopeptidase as its active components.
Q: What is the use of Cipzen D?
A: Cipzen D tablet is used for the treatment of acute pain in adults. It works by inhibiting the action of inflammatory mediators and promotes healing. However, it should be used only after doctor's advise.
Q: What is the dose of the Cipzen D tablet?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition. Do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
- CIPZEN D Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- SERRAPEPTASE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 6 December 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.