Ciprozol 250 Mg Tablet 10
Ciprozol 250 MG Description
Ciprozol Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. I
t contains ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. Ciprozol Tablet kills the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking the action of enzymes essential for DNA replication, repair, etc. Ciprozol Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Ciprozol Tablet or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics makes it ineffective for future treatment. If stopped abruptly it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
Uses of Ciprozol 250 MG
Contraindications of Ciprozol 250 MG
- If allergic to ciprofloxacin or other ingredient of Ciprozol Tablet.
- If you are on other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid. If you are not sure about which are the medicines ask the doctor.
- Taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Ciprozol 250 MG
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ciprozol 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have mental health problems or a history of fits.
- You may have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- Avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You may experience a sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Ciprozol Tablet and contact the doctor immediately.
- You may develop sudden severe pain in the stomach, back or chest or experience severe diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may experience nervous system-related symptoms like confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You may suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. The medicine further worsens the condition of muscle weakness.
- Ciprozol Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- The medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell the doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Ciprozol 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ciprozol 250 MG
Interactions of Ciprozol 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Ciprozol Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cation should be exercised if you are taking medicines for the treatment of uneven heart rhythm, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasm, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, erectile dysfunction, sleeping disorders, skin conditions, blood thinners....
- Ciprozol Tablet should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking dietary supplements that zinc, iron, antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, medicines for kidney problems such as sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate and medicine for the treatment of ulcer-like sucralfate....
- Ciprozol Tablet enhances the glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicine hence should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ciprozol 250 MG
- Store Ciprozol Tablet at a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ciprozol 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ciprozol Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can you take Ciprozol Tablet if I have a fever?
Q: What is the use of Ciprozol Tablet?
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Ciprozol Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Ciprozol Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Ciprozol Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about the detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform the doctor about liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Ciprozol Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform the doctor about all the medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform the doctor if you are stopping any medicine.