Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is an antiepileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various forms of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can result in abnormal brain activity, unco
ntrolled movements, fits, seizures and loss of consciousness. It is also used for the treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder. Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab contains sodium valproate and valproic acid as the active ingredients. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking....
Uses of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is used in the treatment of various forms of epilepsy and manic episodes assiciated with bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab or any ingredients present along with it.
- If you have or had acute or chronic hepatitis or have a family history of severe hepatitis, especially medicine related.
- If you have a history of liver damage or liver failure.
- If you have a history of pancreatitis or damage to the pancreas.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- If you have certain disorders that affect metabolism.
- If you have conditions that affect the processing of urea (metabolic waste) in the body.
- This medicine is not meant for children below 2 years of age.
Side effects of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
- Tremors of hands and feet
- Involuntary eye movement
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
Can I take Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
You should not take Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I takeCinaval Chrono 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Small quantities of this medicine pass into the breast milk and can affect your baby if you are breastfeeding the baby. Thus, it is recommended to consult your doctor if you are consuming this medicine and breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab ?
This medicine may make you feel sleepy or confused. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab ?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had a liver disease/failure or a recent liver transplant.
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions like pancreas, liver or kidney diseases or any kind of blood-related disorder.
- You are giving this to children below 3 years.
- You experience any sudden changes in mood, sad thoughts, changes in thinking and decision making.
Mode of Action of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is a combination medicine that acts by increasing the release of certain chemical in the brain that regulates the electrical activity in the brain.
Directions for Use of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
- Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- This tablet can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab works if taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially if you are already taking any other anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, anti-migraine medicines, anti-depressants, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives, etc.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), zidovudine (used in HIV infection), anti-cancer medicines, selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab may increase their effects....Read more
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alterthe way this medicine works....Read more
Storage and disposal of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
- Store in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab
An overdose of this medicine can be very dangerous such as coma, respiratory problem, drop in blood pressure and it should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always ca
rry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine as it can aggravate your medical condition. Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab contain?
A: Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is a combination medicine and contains a combination of sodium valproate and valproic acid as the active ingredients. Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab is used for the treatment of all types of epilepsy. It is also used for the treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: This medicine is to be taken with or after food as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
A: Alcohol can affect the way this medicine works, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Q: Does Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab cause an addiction?
A: No, Cinaval Chrono 500mg Tab does not cause addiction. However, it should be taken as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate as it can lead to severe unwanted effects.
Last Updated on: 19 Jun 2021 | 06:51 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved