Chloramph 500mg Cap
By SARABHAI PIRAMAL PHARMA LTD
6 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chloramph Capsule is an antibiotic used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever where other anti-infectives are ineffective. It contains chloramphenicol as an active ingredient. It stops the growth of bacteria, thus preventing the spread of infection. Chloramph Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid. Chloramph Capsule should not be used to treat viral infection. Take the medicine at the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. You may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness after taking the medicine. If these symptoms worsen, inform the doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic immediately. Chloramph Capsule is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective....
Uses of Chloramph 500mg Cap
Chloramph Capsule is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infection and typhoid fever when other antimicrobials are ineffective.
Contraindications of Chloramph 500mg Cap
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or other component of Chloramph Capsule.
- If you have or had a blood disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have been vaccinated recently.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines that result in bone marrow suppression.
Side effects of Chloramph 500mg Cap
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Stomach pain and/or bloating
- Fatigue, dehydration, swelling
- Blood in stool
- Inflamed or swollen tongue
- Blurred vision, hearing loss
Precautions and Warnings of Chloramph 500mg Cap
Can I take Chloramph Capsule during pregnancy?
Chloramph Capsule crosses the placenta and may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to a threatened pregnancy. Avoid taking Chloramph Capsule if you are pregnant. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Chloramph Capsule while breastfeeding?
Chloramph Capsule passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. It may lead to Grey baby syndrome, where the skin of the baby appears grey, weak, and also life-threatening. Consult the doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Chloramph Capsule?
Chloramph Capsule does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience side effect which alters driving ability, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Chloramph Capsule?
It is usually unsafe to consume alcohol while taking Chloramph Capsule or other antibiotics. It may lead to serious consequences. Talk to the doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are on other medications.
- You are giving it to the elderly.
- Chloramph Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Chloramph 500mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Chloramphenicol in Chloramph Capsule prevents the formation of proteins necessary to perform vital functions. Thus, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents infection.
Directions for Use of Chloramph 500mg Cap
Chloramph Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It is best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and avoid consuming more than prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Chloramph 500mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Chloramph Capsule works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicine with Chloramph Capsule may alter the effect of either medicine or cause serious consequences, hence should be used with caution.
- Paracetamol for pain and fever, antibiotics for infections such as co-trimoxazole, penicillin or rifampicin type.
- Blood thinners like warfarin, dicoumarin must be used with caution.
- Antidiabetics such as gliclazide, tolbutamide, immunosuppressive medicine such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus.
- Medicines that suppress bone marrow such as carbamazepine, penicillamine, sulphonamides, phenylbutazone, antipsychotic medicines such as clozapine, flupenthixol, fluphenazine, procainamide.
- Medicine used to treat seizure or fits such as carbamazepine, phenytoin and phenobarbital.
- Hormonal pills such as estrogen, medicines used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) such as carbimazole, propylthiouracil.
- Antiretroviral medicines used to treat HIV infection such as zidovudine, hydroxocobalamin as a form of vitamin B12 used to treat B12 deficiency, a medicine used to treat cancer such as cisplatin, daunorubicin....
Storage and disposal of Chloramph 500mg Cap
- Store Chloramph Capsule at a temperature below 25°C at a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Chloramph 500mg Cap
If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Chloramph Capsule, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed the dose of Chloramph Capsule take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Chloramph Capsule take to work?
A: Chloramph Capsule starts showing activity soon after you take it. However, it may take some days to kill the harmful bacteria.
Q: Is Chloramph Capsule used to relieve pain?
A: No, Chloramph Capsule is not a pain killer. It only treats bacterial infections and provides relief from symptoms of infection.
Q: Can I stop taking Chloramph Capsule when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Chloramph Capsule. Complete the entire course of treatment even if you start feeling better, else you may experience treatment failure and the increased risk of recurrence of the infection.
Q: Can the use of Chloramph Capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Chloramph Capsule may cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it may cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to the doctor about it.
Q: Can Chloramph Capsule be used to treat typhoid?
A: Yes, Chloramph Capsule may be used to treat typhoid when other antibiotics are ineffective.
Q: What if my condition does not improve after taking Chloramph Capsule?
A: Talk to the doctor if your condition does not improve, even after taking Chloramph Capsule. He might suggest other alternatives.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.