Certican 0.5mg Tablet
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Certican 0.5 MG Description
Certican Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of cancers of the breast, kidney, pancreas, etc. It is also used to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients. It contains
everolimus as its main component.
Uses of Certican 0.5 MG
- For the treatment of kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer
- For prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients
Contraindications of Certican 0.5 MG
If you are allergic to everolimus, similar medicines (sirolimus, temsirolimus) or any other ingredients of Certican Tablet
Side effects of Certican 0.5 MG
- Joint pain
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Certican 0.5 MG
Can I take Certican Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy as limited safety data is available. Please consult your doctor.
Can I take Certican Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding should be avoided during treatment & for about 2 weeks after discontinuing treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Certican Tablet?
This medicine may cause tiredness, caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Certican Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver problems
- You have diabetes
- You are scheduled to receive any vaccination
- Your blood cholesterol levels are high
- You recently had a major surgery
- You had or are about to receive radiotherapy
- You have any infection or had hepatitis B
- You experience any unusual side effects
- This medicine should not be used in patients below 18 years old
Mode of Action of Certican 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Everolimus works by reducing the blood supply to the tumour, thus slowing down the growth & spread of cancer cells.
Directions for Use of Certican 0.5 MG
- Certican Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Certican 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Certican Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, bacterial or fungal infection, tuberculosis, high blood pressure, fits or are taking painkillers, antibiotics, St. John’s Wort, steroids....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit while on treatment.
Storage and disposal of Certican 0.5 MG
- Certican Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Certican 0.5 MG
- If you think you have taken too much of Certican Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Certican Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Certican Tablet?
A: Certican Tablet contains everolimus as its active component.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Afinitor 5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Afinitor 5mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.