Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
By BRITISH BIOLOGICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets Description
Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab is used to relieve pain & reduce inflammation (swelling, redness) in conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis. It also helps relieve menstrual (period) pain. It contai
ns rofecoxib as its main component. It belongs to a class of medicines called Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acute pain, arthritis, menstrual pain|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Rofecoxib(12.5 Mg)
Uses of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
- Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab is used in relieving pain & reducing inflammation (swelling, redness) in conditions like arthritis, osteoarthritis.
- This medicine is also used in relieving menstrual pain.
Contraindications of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to rofecoxib or any other ingredients of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab .
- If you have experienced asthma or any other reactions to medicines from similar class (NSAIDs).
Side effects of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
- Stomach problems
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
Can I take Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab during pregnancy?
Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab should be taken during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor after assessing the benefits over risks. However, it should not be taken in late pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if rofecoxib passes into human milk. Thus, your doctor will decide on either discontinuing Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab or the breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over the risk of delayed treatment on the breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab ?
You may feel dizzy after taking Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab . Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab ?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab , it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You have had any serious stomach problems in the past
- You have high blood pressure
- You are allergic to similar medicines (other NSAID medicines, aspirin)
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy
Mode of Action of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Rofecoxib works by blocking the synthesis of certain chemical substances that cause pain & inflammation.
Directions for Use of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
- Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, asthma, psychiatric illnesses or are taking blood thinners, antibiotic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
- Store Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab s in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tablets
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab used for?
A: Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab is used to relieve pain & reduce inflammation (swelling, redness) in joint conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis. It also helps relieve menstrual (period) pain.
Q: Is Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab an antibiotic?
A: No, Certane Rapitab 12.5mg Tab is not an antibiotic. It is a pain-relieving medicine. It contains rofecoxib as its main component. It belongs to a class of medicines called Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 30 May 2022]
- VIOXX® (rofecoxib tablets and oral suspension), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 30 May 2022]
- VIOXX® (rofecoxib tablets and oral suspension) - PI, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 30 May 2022]
- VIOXX® USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 30 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed