Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
By MADHAV LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets Description
Cefpodoxime belongs to a group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
|You Save||₹10.09 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
- Respiratory tract infections (Bronchitis, Pneumonia)
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Infection of the sinuses
- Throat Infections
- Infection of the tonsils
- Infection of urinary tract
- Gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
Can I take Cefvig Dt 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
Can I take Cefvig Dt 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into human milk in low quantities. However this medicine can be used during breastfeeding. In case of diarrhea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information....
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefvig Dt 50mg Tab?
This medicine can cause dizziness and may affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefvig Dt 50mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea
- You have had allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins
- You are using any Beta-Lactam antibacterial agents
- You have any kidney disorders
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease
Mode of Action of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
It controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
Swallow the whole tablet/ capsule with a glass of water.
Interactions of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants)
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of this medicine; hence, it is advisable to take it with or after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
Store in a cool, dry place to protect it from light.
Dosage of Cefvig Dt 50mg Tablets
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea, and vomiting
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, skip the missed dose and follow regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Cefvig Dt 50mg Tab?
- No, this medication is not to be taken by yourself
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed