Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ceftas Tablet contains Cefixime. It is an antibiotic belonging to the Cephalosporin class of medicine. Ceftas Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, urinary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. Cefixime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. The common side effects of Ceftas Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you have before starting this medicine.
Uses of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ceftas Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms mainly of the ear, nose, urinary tract, throat, chest and lungs.
Contraindications of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin or any other ingredient of Ceftas Tablet
Side effects of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Severe diarrhoea
- Watery diarrhoea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ceftas Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Ceftas Tablet on pregnancy. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefit and need.
Can I take Ceftas Tablet while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information about the effect of Ceftas Tablet on breastfeeding.
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine.
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ceftas Tablet?
Ceftas Tablet can cause confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Ceftas Tablet?
Alcohol should be avoided along with Ceftas Tablet as it can worsen the side effects such as sweating, headache, increased heartbeat, redness of the skin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You had or have encephalopathy characterized by fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert
- You have a blood disorder known as haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Ceftas Tablet works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ceftas Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Ceftas Tablet when used concomitantly with the blood thinner such as warfarin may enhance effects of the anti-clot medicine, thus the prolong clotting time and can cause bleeding.
- Alcohol or medicines containing alcohol as a component along with cefixime or other cephalosporins can cause adverse effects like sweating, headache, increased heartbeat, redness of the skin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Ceftas Tablet at or below 25°C
- Protect from light and moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children and pet
Dosage of Ceftas 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you have taken too much of Ceftas Tablet, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ceftas Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: I was given Ceftas Tablet for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, Ceftas Tablet is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take Ceftas Tablet?
A: No, Ceftas Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can the use of Ceftas Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Ceftas Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets it.
- It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.read less
Q: Is Ceftas Tablet safe and effective?
A: Ceftas Tablet is safe and effective if you take it at the dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases, while an overdose of this medicine can lead to serious health consequences.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved