Cefoxim 750mg Injection
Cefoxim 750 MG Description
Cefoxim Solution For Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It contains cefuroxime as its active ingredient. Cefoxim Solution For Injection is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, ai
rways, tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It is also used for preventing the spread of infection during and after surgery. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. This injection will be given to you by a healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic, please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. The most common side effects associated with this injection are pain and swelling at the site of injection, rashes, feeling feverish, diarrhoea and nausea. However, not everyone gets them, contact your doctor if the side effects do not subside.
Uses of Cefoxim 750 MG
- For the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, tonsils, sinus, ears, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract, etc.
- This injection is also used to prevent infections during and after surgery.
Contraindications of Cefoxim 750 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of allergic reaction due to antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefoxim 750 MG
- Injection site reactions
- Abnormal blood count
- Raised liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Cefoxim 750 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this injection, while you are being given the cefuroxime Injection. Immediately stop taking it and seek medical help.
- You experience allergic reactions such as difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney-related disease, your doctor may have to change the dose of this injection.
Mode of Action of Cefoxim 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefoxim 750 MG
- Cefoxim Solution For Injection will be given to you in the hospital or healthcare set up by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Cefoxim 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the action of Cefoxim or Cefoxim itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals or supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for acidity, oral contraceptives, anti-gout medicines and blood thinners such as warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Cefoxim 750 MG
- Store it protected from light at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion properly.