Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets Description
CC 74 tablet contains a combination of calcium and Vitamin D3 ( cholecalciferol /colecalciferol). It is used for the treatment of calcium and vitamin D deficiency. It is also used in bone diseases su
ch as osteoporosis and in elderly, pregnant and breastfeeding womens who need calcium and vitamin D supplements. It should be taken in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal products and over the counter medicines you are consuming before starting with CC 74 tablet.
Uses of Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
- For treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency
- For treatment of osteoporosis
- In special populations like elderly, pregnancy, breast feeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements
Precautions and Warnings of Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of this medicine, do not take in this case
- Do not take CC 74 tablet if you have high level of calcium or vitamin D in blood, high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bed ridden
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues)
- You are suffering from malabsorption
- You have kidney problems or blood cancer
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium
- You have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed
- Never take thyroid medicine and this product together
Ingredients and Benefits of Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
- Calcium: It is essential for functioning of like nerve, muscles, cells and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3: It increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to lack of vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain, weakness.
Directions for Use of Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
- Take CC 74 tablet as your doctor has advised you.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not take too much of this medicine as this may lead to overdose.
Storage and disposal of Cc 74 Bottle Of 30 Chewable Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are good sources of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun.
- Sun exposure from 10 am to 3pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
- With our current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness.
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have a role in preventing onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, and help build immunity.
Q: This is a health supplement, can it be harmful if I take it too much?
- Yes, taking too much can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much vitamins are not harmful.
- When taken in excess or in high doses for too long excessive vitamin D and calcium can cause overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heart beat.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately
- Accrete D3 film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 July 2021]
- Accrete D3 film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 July 2021]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin D [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 July 2021]
- CAL360 tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 18 July 2021]