Candid Cl Suppos
Candid Cl Suppos Description
Candid-CL vaginal suppository is used to treat bacterial, fungal, and parasitic vaginal infections associated with vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to either fungal, bacterial or paras
itic infection or a mixture of them. Candid-CL vaginal suppository is a combination medicine containing clindamycin and clotrimazole as active substances. Clindamycin is an antibiotic whereas clotrimazole is an antifungal agent. Candid-CL vaginal suppository works by stopping the growth of micro-organisms that cause infection, thus preventing the spreading of the infection. Candid-CL vaginal suppository is for external use only. It is meant for vaginal use and should be used as directed by the doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using this medicine.
|You Save||₹22.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clindamycin(100.0 Mg) + Clotrimazole(200.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Vaginal infections associated with vaginal discharge|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, itching, vaginal irritation, pain when urinating|
|Therapy||ANTIBIOTIC AND ANTI-FUNGAL|
Uses of Candid Cl Suppos
Contraindications of Candid Cl Suppos
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, clotrimazole or any other ingredient of Candid-CL vaginal suppository.
- If you had diarrhoea with blood, stomach pain and cramps after using an antibiotic or in case of some diseases of the intestines.
Side effects of Candid Cl Suppos
- Burning sensation
- Vaginal irritation
- Pain while passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Candid Cl Suppos
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Candid-CL vaginal suppository.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for 3 days.
- You may experience mild irritation and burning sensation in the vagina while inserting the suppository. Please contact your doctor if your symptoms persist or worsen.
- Avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can make them less effective.
- Do not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using this medicine.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear.
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- Inform the doctor, if your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in their private parts.
- Candid-CL vaginal suppository is meant for vaginal use and should not be consumed.
Mode of Action of Candid Cl Suppos
How Does It Work?
- Candid-CL vaginal suppository contains clindamycin and clotrimazole as active substances.
- Clindamycin works by attaching to the genetic material of bacteria and preventing the production of substances required for their growth which controls their growth and reproduction.
- Clotrimazole works by attaching to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and eventually kills it.
Directions for Use of Candid Cl Suppos
- Candid-CL vaginal suppository is only meant for vaginal use.
- It should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash and dry your hands and the vaginal area thoroughly before use.
- Remove the wrapper, lie down and insert the suppository as mentioned in the label or leaflet.
- Do not use it more than that recommended by the doctor.
Interactions of Candid Cl Suppos
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Candid-CL vaginal suppository works or Candid-CL vaginal suppository itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to relax muscles before surgery such as atracurium, vecuronium should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Candid Cl Suppos
- Store Candid-CL vaginal suppository in a cool, dry and dark place, protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Candid Cl Suppos
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Candid-CL vaginal suppository be used for treating any type of vaginal infection?
Q: Can I have intercourse while on treatment with Candid-CL vaginal suppository?
Q: How to use Candid-CL vaginal suppository?
- Candid-CL vaginal suppository should be used as recommended by your doctor.
- Wash and dry your hands and the vaginal area thoroughly before using this medicine.
- Candid-CL vaginal suppository should be inserted into the vagina as deeply as possible.
- You can lie on your back with your legs pulled in a little towards the body for better insertion.