Calcigard Retard 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Calcigard Retard 20 MG Description
Calcigard Retard Tablet contains nifedipine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. Nifedipine in Calcigard Retard lowers the raised blood pressure level. Along w
ith Calcigard Retard, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Sudden withdrawal of Calcigard Retard Tablet may worsen the condition.
- Nicardia Retard 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.07₹ 54.46₹ 3.63/Tablet
- Nefidinol Retard 20mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.40₹ 19.8944% CHEAPER₹ 1.99/Tablet
Uses of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
Contraindications of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Nifedipine or any other ingredients of Calcigard Retard Tablet.
- If you have taken Nifedipine before and felt that your heart pain had worsened.
- If you experience a sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have any kind of heart problems.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Rifampicin to treat tuberculosis.
- If you have a kock pouch (surgical procedure) in your gut.
- If you suffer from a blood condition called Porphyria.
Side effects of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Dry mouth
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have liver problems.
- You are on kidney dialysis.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You have diabetes, as the treatment may have to be adjusted.
- Calcigard Retard Tablet is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
Interactions of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Calcigard Retard Tablet.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly along with Rifampicin (antibiotic).
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this Tablet and should thus be used cautiously....
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Calcigard Retard Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
Dosage of Calcigard Retard 20 MG
- Excess of this medicine may lead to irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure. Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness, coma....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.