Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30's
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S contains Verapamil as its active ingredient and is used to treat high blood pressure and certain other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S is used to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent angina attacks (heart-related chest pain) and some other heart problems.
Contraindications of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
- If you are allergic to Verapamil or any other ingredients of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S.
- If you have felt that your heart pain had worsened causing breathlessness and tiredness.
- If in the past, you have had a heart attack followed by low heart rate and blood pressure.
- If you experience sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you have any kind of heart problems like heart failure, abnormal or slow heartbeat, blocked veins in your heart.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Porphyria to treat other heart complications.
Side effects of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, redness
- Muscle or joint pain
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Fast or irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
Can I take Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S during pregnancy?
Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S should not be used if you are pregnant as there is limited information about its safety. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S while breastfeeding?
Components of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S pass into breast milk in small amount, hence you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S?
You may experience side effects like dizziness, shakiness, vertigo while taking Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S. Thus, you need to be cautious or avoid driving or operating machines while on treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have liver problems.
- You are on kidney dialysis.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy (first 3 months).
- You are suffering from any disorders like myasthenia gravis (a condition causing muscle weakness), Lambert-Eaton syndrome or advanced Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- You are on medications like atorvastatin, simvastatin to lower your blood cholesterol.
- Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
How Does It Work?
The heart muscles require calcium for contraction. Verapamil in Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S works by blocking this calcium from entering the heart muscles and blood vessels, thus relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Directions for Use of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
Take Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S exactly as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S.
- Concomitant use of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S along with Colchicine is not recommended.
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), Rifampicin (antibiotic), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this tablet and should thus be used cautiously.Read less
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like lithium, vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit while on treatment with Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S.
Storage and disposal of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S
- Excess of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S may lead to irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure, shock, coma. Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness.Read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S?
A: Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S contains Verapamil as its main component. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent angina attacks (heart-related chest pain) and some other heart problems.
Q: How to take Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S?
A: Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food, but it would be best if you took it at a fixed time for effective results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S be used in children?
A: No, Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited information about its safety and effectiveness.
Q: Can I stop taking Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Calaptin 40mg Tablet 30'S suddenly, as it could worsen your condition and you may suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved