Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet contains Cabergoline as its active ingredient and is used in treating high levels of prolactin in your body. It can also be useful in stopping breast milk after childbirth, still
birth, abortion or miscarriage. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after having your meals. Before using Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet, inform the doctor about all the medications that you are taking and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
- Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet is used to treat high levels of prolactin hormone in your body.
- It can also be used in stopping breast milk production immediately after abortion, stillbirth, childbirth or miscarriage.
Contraindications of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cabergoline or any other ingredients of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other medicines known as ergot alkaloids (ergotamine, lisuride, pergolide, ergometrine, bromocriptine).
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you are taking medicine to treat your mental health (risperidone, quetiapine, olanzapine, etc).
- If you are pregnant and have uncontrolled high blood pressure, combined with swelling and protein in the urine.
- If your doctor has told you that the tissues in your stomach, heart or lungs have become damaged and scarred.
- If you have a history of psychosis after childbirth.
- If you are taking this medicine for a prolonged duration and experience any problems related to your heart valves.
- If you are a pregnant woman or breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness, vertigo
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation
- Tiredness, weakness
- Excessive sleepiness or drowsiness
- Altered sleep, depression
- Hot flushes (sudden feeling of warmth)
- Blurred vision
- Breast pain
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
Can I take Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the use of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet during human pregnancy. Your doctor will give you this medicine only if it is really needed and after accurately measuring the benefits and risks....Read more
- If you are planning a pregnancy, plan it at least 1 month after taking the final dose. If you get pregnant while on treatment, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
Can I take Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet should not be used by breastfeeding women as it stops or suppresses the breastmilk production. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet?
Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy and may also blur your vision. Thus, avoid driving, operating machines or perform any activities that require your mind to be alert while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You had or still have Raynaud’s syndrome (a condition causing cold hands and feet).
- You have a low blood pressure problem and are on medications for the same.
- You have a stomach ulcer or any bleeding in your stomach and intestines.
- You are suffering from any psychiatric illness (problems with your mental health).
- You have high blood pressure after giving birth to a baby.
- Your tissues in the stomach, heart or lungs have become damaged and scarred. The doctor may perform some tests before treatment to check if your heart, lungs and kidneys are in proper condition.
- You or your family members notice any behavioural changes in you that are either unusual or may be harmful to you and others.
- Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cabergoline in Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet works by blocking or reducing the release of a hormone in the brain called prolactin that stimulates breast milk production.
Directions for Use of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
- Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken with or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....Read more
Interactions of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet along with medicines like chlorpromazine, haloperidol (used to treat mental health), domperidone, metoclopramide (used to treat nausea and vomiting) may reduceits effectiveness. Thus, they should not be used simultaneously....Read more
- Concomitant use along with medicines like pergolide, bromocriptine, lisuride, Ergotamine (used to treat severe migraine headaches), medicines like Levodopa (used to treat Parkinson’s disease), antibiotics like erythromycin as they may increase the amount of this medicine in your blood and thus could also increase the side effects....Read more
Interactions with food items
- Your doctor may advise you to take these tablets with or after food to avoid stomach discomfort, nausea or vomiting.
Storage and disposal of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
Store Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused
medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet
- Excess of Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet may lead to symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, indigestion, low blood pressure when standing up from sitting or lying down, confusion, hallucinations....Read more
- Seek medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can children use Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet?
A: No, Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 16 years as there is limited data about its safety.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....Read more
Q: How long to take Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of this medicine will depend on the cause of illness and response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Should I take Cabgolin 0.5mg Tablet with or without food?
A: Your doctor may recommend that you take these tablets with or after having your food to avoid any stomach discomfort, nausea or vomiting.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved