Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
By CIPLA LIMITED
200md Metered Dose Inhaler in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler contains Budesonide, it is a steroid and acts as an anti-asthmatic agent. Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler is used to maintain or control the symptoms of asthma and to prevent the development of asthma. It helps in controlling daily symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing and chest pain and prevents the exacerbations. Your doctor or pharmacist can guide you on how to use inhaler properly. You should use Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler regularly, as advised by your doctor for effective control of your asthma.
Uses of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
Maintenance treatment of asthma and to prevent the occurrence of asthma.
Contraindications of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
- If you are allergic to budesonide or any of the ingredients of Budecort or milk proteins.
- Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler should not be used to treat Status asthmaticus, an extreme form of asthma in which asthma attacks follow one another without pause and asthma attacks, which require a medical emergency.Read less
Side effects of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
- Fungal infection of the mouth
- Hoarseness in voice
- Throat irritation
- Change of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
Can I take Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler unless prescribed by your doctor. It is important to take proper treatment of asthma during pregnancy for the safety of the foetus and the mother.
Can I take Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in a very less amount. Hence, it is safe to breastfeed during the treatment. Take this medicine only if your doctor has prescribed it.
Can I drive if I have used Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Use of Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler?
No information is available on interactions of Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol triggers asthma occasionally. Thus be careful, especially when consuming wine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a problem of difficulty in breathing or severe asthma problem, then the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You have or had a serious infection that affects mainly the lungs.
- You are suffering from liver disease, as it may lead to increased levels of budesonide in your blood. Such patients need to be checked at regular intervals.
- If you experience any allergic reactions like rashes, urge to scratch, swelling, then the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You should not take more than the recommended for effective control of asthma and maintenance.
- If you experience any visual disturbance, then your doctor may refer you to an eye specialist for evaluation of possible causes, which may include cataract, high pressure inside the eye (glaucoma).
- If you develop an oral fungal infection and an increase in wheezing after using this medicine, then the doctor may discontinue the treatment or suggest an alternate.
- This medicine may impair the growth of children. The doctor may re-evaluate the dose make sure you do not give an extra dose to your kids.
- This medicine can suppress the actions of adrenal glands and cause physiological changes you may not perceive. Discuss it with your doctor.
Mode of Action of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
How Does It Work?
- People with asthma have inflammation in their airways, which makes them sensitive to asthma triggers and cause symptoms of discomfort in airways.
- Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler works by inhibiting the action of allergic and inflammatory mediators, which can trigger asthma symptoms.
- It decreases the symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing and chest discomfort and facilitates breathing.
Directions for Use of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
- Take exactly as per indications from your physician or pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler without consulting your doctor, even if you feel relieved after taking a few doses.
- Rinse your mouth after every use to prevent fungal infection & wash your face to avoid any facial irritation.
Interactions of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
Interactions with other medicines
- Antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole should not be taken along with Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler and if the treatment is a must, there should be a sufficient gap between the administration of two medicines.Read less
- Concomitant use of Anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, Indinavir and antibiotics like Clarithromycin with Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler should be avoided.
- Other medicines containing steroids and medicines used for asthma management like salbutamol should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Avoid the intake of large amounts of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler, as it can raise the levels of budesonide in your body and lead to increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
- Keep it in original packing
- Keep the device tightly closed to protect from moisture
- Keep it away from light and moisture
Dosage of Budecort 200mcg Inhaler 200md
There are very fewer chances of overdose. Only press the button when you want to inhale. However, if you feel any oral infection or adverse effects, then consult your doctor quickly.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid having oral fungal infection during the treatment with Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler?
A: It is recommended that inhalation should be performed before meals to avoid fungal infection of the mouth, rinse your mouth after every use.
Q: I am using Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler for the first time. How should I use it?
- Before you use Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler the first time, read the written instructions that come with it.
- Look at the diagrams carefully and be sure that you recognize all the parts of the inhaler.
- Ask your doctor to show you the right way to use the inhaler.
- Practice using the inhaler in front of him or her, so you are sure you are doing it the right way.
Q: Can Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler cause altered vision?
A: Yes, it can cause visual disturbance upon long-term use. Consult your doctor if the problem persists. This can be an early sign of glaucoma or cataract, which can happen after long-term treatment with Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler.
Q: Can I give Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler to my child, who is having an asthma attack?
A: No, It is not useful for treating asthma. It is used as maintenance therapy for someone with asthma to control the symptoms of asthma. It should not be used to treat sudden asthmatic attacks.
Q: Can Budecort Metered-Dose Inhaler inhaler stop sneezing?
A: No, it does not help in controlling sneezing.
Other Products from this Brand
- Budecort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml 1 5 Respules
- Budecort 1 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Budecort 100 Mcg Inhaler 200 Md
- Budecort 200 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Budecort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Budecort 1 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respule
- Budecort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respules
- Budecort Neohaler Accuhaler
- Budecort 100 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 10:24 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved