Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brimotas T Eye Drop is use to lower the pressure built within the eye (ocular hypertension) and chronic glaucoma. It contains a combination of brominidine and timolol as active ingredient. Brimotas T works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid-filled in the eye) which further lowers the eye pressure. It should not be used in children below 2-years of age. Brimotas T Eye Drop should be used externally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the drops per with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have a heart or respiratory condition and are on other medications as well....
|You Save||₹27.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Brimonidine(0.2 %),Timolol(0.5 %)|
|Uses||Open-angle glaucoma or hypertension of the eye.|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, pain, discharge, dryness, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye|
Check more medicines with composition as Brimonidine(0.2 %) + Timolol(0.5 %)
Uses of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
Brimotas T Eye Drop is used to lower the intraocular (within the eye) pressure in patients with chronic (long-lasting) open-angle glaucoma or hypertension of the eye.
Contraindications of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to timolol, brimonidine or any other component of Brimotas T Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder including heart failure.
- If you have any psychiatric disease and are on medicine such as rasagiline, selegiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, desipramine and mianserin.
Side effects of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
- Burning sensation
- Pain, discharge, dryness, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Low mood
- Dry mouth
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
Precautions and Warnings of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
Can I use Brimotas T Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Brimotas T Eye Drop in human pregnancy. Hence, the use of Brimotas T Eye Drop is not recommended unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant.
Can I use Brimotas T Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Brimotas T Eye Drop may pass into the breastmilk and cause harm to the newborn baby or infant. The use of Brimotas T Eye Drop is not recommended for nursing mothers. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Brimotas T Eye Drop ?
Brimotas T Eye Drop may cause blurring of vision, visual disturbance, fatigue, drowsiness which may alter the ability to drive. Hence, avoid driving until all these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Brimotas T Eye Drop ?
It is recommended to avoid or limit the consumption of alcohol with Brimotas T Eye Drop as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid) disease or condition.
- You experience loss of vision or dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Brimotas T Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2-years of age.
Mode of Action of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Brimotas T Eye Drop contains Timolol and Brimonidine. They work by decreasing the raised intraocular (inside the eye).
- Brimonidine has the dual action of reducing the aqueous humour fluid (fluid in the front part of the eye) production and increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid.
- Timolol acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the drops per. Keep the drops per clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops s recommended.
Interactions of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Brimotas T Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Effect of Brimotas T Eye Drop may be increased with medicine used to calm the central nervous system such as morphine, zolpidem and lidocaine.
- Effect of Brimotas T Eye Drop may be increased with medicine such as diltiazem, verapamil, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine used for heart conditions.
- Concomitant use of Brimotas T Eye Drop with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Brimotas T Eye Drop may increase the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicine such as metformin, insulin and may hide the symptoms of lower blood sugar.
- Concomitant use of Brimotas T Eye Drop with iodine contrast medium or intravenous lidocaine should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
- Store it at a temperature not exceeding 15°C - 25°C.
- Protect it from freezing.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Brimotas T Eye Drops 5ml
- As Brimotas T Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Brimotas T Eye Drop, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-instil this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Brimotas T Eye Drop lower the blood pressure?
A: No, Brimotas T Eye Drop does not significantly lower the systemic blood pressure. It lowers the pressure in the eye (ocular pressure).
Q: Will Brimotas T Eye Drop cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Brimotas T Eye Drop may cause blurry vision for some time or a short duration. If this condition worsens, connect with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
Q: Can I stop taking Brimotas T Eye Drop when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Brimotas T Eye Drop. Your symptoms may improve before the condition is cured completely. You should complete the full course of treatment, else the condition might worsen later. Always consult your doctor before stopping any medicine.
Q: How long can I use Brimotas T Eye Drop ?
A: You should use Brimotas T Eye Drop for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle, make sure you use it within 4-weeks of opening.
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.