Bisod 2.5mg Tablet
By MEDREICH LIFECARE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bisod Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used in treating high blood pressure and angina (chest pain caused due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains bisoprolol as its active ingredient that works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Bisoprolol(2.5 Mg)
Uses of Bisod 2.5 MG
Bisod Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and heart-related chest pain.
Contraindications of Bisod 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to bisoprolol or any other ingredients of Bisod Tablet.
- If you have problems with your heart like heart failure, etc.
- If you are suffering from asthma or low blood pressure.
- If you have any blood circulation problems.
- If you have a rare tumor of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
- If your doctor has told you that you have metabolic acidosis (a condition when there is too much acid in your blood).
Side effects of Bisod 2.5 MG
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Bisod 2.5 MG
Can I take Bisod Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if it is clearly necessary. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Bisod Tablet while breastfeeding?
Bisod is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bisod Tablet?
You may experience dizziness as a side effect while taking this medicine. Thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Bisod Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Bisod as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have known medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid, blood circulation problems, respiratory problem like asthma etc.
- You are going to have a surgery.
- You are on a strict diet or fasting.
- You have blood circulation problems.
- You have a history of psoriasis (a type of scaly skin rash).
- You have phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland).
- Bisod Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years.
Mode of Action of Bisod 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Bisod Tablet works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body....
Directions for Use of Bisod 2.5 MG
- Bisod Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bisod 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Bisod Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular if you are taking other anti-hypertensives, anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, anti-tuberculosis medicine, medicines for respiratory problems, painkillers, anti-coagulants like warfarin etc....
- Concomitant use of Bisod Tablet with anesthetics like lidocaine, may cause fast heartbeats and may also increase the risk of high blood pressure and thus should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of Bisod Tablet with medicines to treat brain-related disorders like fluvoxamine, imipramine may cause slow heartbeats.
- Concomitant use of along with tobacco may cause an increase in heart rate and may impair blood pressure control and thus you should avoid smoking tobacco.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Bisod Tablet can either be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Bisod 2.5 MG
- Bisod Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Bisod 2.5 MG
Excess of Bisod may lead to slow heartbeats, difficulty in breathing, shakiness, low blood pressure and sugar levels, heart problems. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss a dose of Bisod Tablet?
A: You should avoid missing a dose of this medicine may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. However, if you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. And, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Please do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Q: Is Bisod Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Bisod Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
- Cardicor 5mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Cardicor 5mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.