Betadine 2% Gargle Big Mint 100ml
Betadine 2 % Description
Betadine gargle is an antiseptic liquid used to wash throat. Betadine gargle helps relieve sore throat and othe oral infections. It contains povidone-iodine solution. Povidine-iodine kills a wide ran
e of germs or microrganisms present in your mouth and throat. It may also be used after dental procedures to prevent infections. Betadine gargle is meant for oral use only and must not be swallowed. Betadine gargle should not be used for children below 12 years of age without taking advice from a doctor. Use Betadine gargle with the dosing cup provided along with the package. Avoid contact with this gargle with eyes and silver jewellery.
- Betakind Mint Flavour Gargle 50mlBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd50ml Gargle in BottleMRP 110.00₹ 93.5013% CHEAPER₹ 1.87/Ml
- Soludine Plus Gargle 100mlBy Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd100ml Gargle in BottleMRP 211.20₹ 164.7423% CHEAPER₹ 1.65/Ml
Uses of Betadine 2 %
- Betadine gargle is used for relieving sore throat and other oral infection.
- To prevent dental infection after dental surgeries or operations.
Contraindications of Betadine 2 %
- If you are allergic to povidone-iodine or other ingredients present along with it in Betadine gargle.
- If you have any thyroid problems.
- It should not be used for more than 7 days unless suggested by the doctor.
Side effects of Betadine 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Betadine 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You don't feel any improvement within 7 days.
- You feel irritation, pain, redness persists or get worsen, contact your doctor immediately.
- You have burns and are already using povidone-iodine as a topical antiseptic.
- You develop fever, rash or swelling of the throat.
- Do not let it into your eyes, if contact occurs then rinse it thoroughly.
Mode of Action of Betadine 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betadine 2 %
- Use only in the recommended amount. Gargle for 30 seconds.
- Use the cup provided with the product and pour the oral rinse.
- Gargle for at least 30 seconds and spit out, do not swallow.
Interactions of Betadine 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Betadine gargle works or Betadine gargle itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Betadine 2 %
- Store it at 25⁰C in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
- Avoid contact with jewellery.
- It may stain clothing or dental work.
Dosage of Betadine 2 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Betadine gargle used for?
Q: What are the side effects of Betadine gargle?
Q: How to use Betadine Gargle?
- Pour Betadine gargle in a cup and dilute with equal amout of water if taste is an issue.
- Swish part of the solution briefly in the mouth and spit it out.
- Tilt your head backwards and gargle for a total of 30 seconds via swirling the liquid at the throat.
- Spit out the solution. Repeat 2-4 times daily or as directed by your physician/dentist or pharmacist.
Q: Who should not use Betadine gargle?
Q: Can I consume alcohol while using Betadine gargle?
Q: Is Betadine good for sore throat?
Q: Can I drink water after using Betadine gargle?
Q: When should you not use Betadine gargle?
Q: Should we rinse mouth after Betadine gargle?
- BETADINE Sore Throat Gargle0.5% Povidone-iodine [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 January 2022]
- NEW Betadine Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle [Internet]. Betadine.com. 2022 [cited 7 January 2022]
- Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash 10mg/ml Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 7 January 2022]