Betacap 20mg Tablet
Betacap 20 MG Description
Betacap 20 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used in treating high blood pressure, heart-related chest pain, irregular heartbeats. It is also used to prevent heart attacks, tremors and migraine
attacks. It contains propranolol which belongs to the group of medications known as beta-blockers that works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thus improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the exact duration as it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Betacap 20 MG
Contraindications of Betacap 20 MG
- If you are allergic to propranolol or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have asthma, lung or airway disorders.
- If you have low blood pressure, untreated/uncontrolled heart failure, blockage in the heart, slow heartbeats (bradycardia) or any other heart problems.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have blood circulation issues and electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have an untreated tumour of the adrenal gland or a condition of Prinzmetal's angina.
- Do not take this medicine after prolonged fasting.
Side effects of Betacap 20 MG
- Sleep disturbances or nightmares
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Betacap 20 MG
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Betacap 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betacap 20 MG
- Always take the Betacap 20 tablet exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole, with a glass of water before meals. Do not open or chew this medicine.
- Do not alter/stop the dose by yourself before your prescribed duration.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Interactions of Betacap 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Betacap 20 tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Betacap 20 tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like anti-psychotic medicines like Selegiline, blood thinners such as warfarin, medicines used for heart-related disorders, antihypertensives like verapamil, antacids like cimetidine, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antacids like cimetidine, anti-tuberculosis like rifampicin or any anti-depressants, etc.
Storage and disposal of Betacap 20 MG
Dosage of Betacap 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Betacap 20 tablet on my own?
Q: Are there any special precautions to follow while taking the Betacap 20 tablet?
Q: Can the Betacap 20 tablet be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Q: What information should be given to the doctor before taking the Betacap 20 tablet?
Q: How do you store the Betacap 20 tablet?
Q: What is the use of the Betacap 20 tablet?
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021
- Propranolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Propranolol 10mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]