Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
4 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bandy Suspension contains Albendazole as its active ingredient. It is an anti-worm medicine. It is used to treat infection caused by worms. It kills the worm by depriving them of glucose and energy source. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or nursing mother and on any other medicines, herbal products or supplements. You may experience stomach discomfort or pain, gas and diarrhoea after taking this medicine. If you experience any other side effect after taking this medicine consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
Bandy Suspension is used to treat infections of the stomach and intestine caused by the various types of worms.
Contraindications of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
- If you are allergic to Albendazole or any other components of Bandy Suspension.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
Can I take Bandy Suspension during pregnancy?
Bandy Suspension must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Bandy Suspension while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Bandy Suspension while breastfeeding. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bandy Suspension?
You may feel dizzy after taking Bandy Suspension. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Bandy Suspension?
Drinking alcohol, along with Bandy Suspension, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting Bandy Suspension.
- You have liver disease.
- You are suffering from fits or seizures.
- You experience bone marrow suppression or a decrease in the blood cell count.
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment.
- You may experience damage to the retina.
- Bandy Suspension should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
How Does It Work?
Albendazole in Bandy Suspension works by inhibiting or blocking the utilisation of glucose by the worm thereby causing decreased ATP formation and depletion of the energy source in the worm.
Directions for Use of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
- Take Bandy Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Interactions of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizures (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel).
- Medicines used to suppress the immune response (Dexamethasone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir).
Interactions with food items
- Bandy Suspension should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
- Bandy Suspension should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Please keep it away from children.
Dosage of Bandy Oral Suspension 10ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Bandy Suspension include diarrheoa, vomiting, rapid heartbeats.
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Bandy Suspension?
- Bandy Suspension should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test.
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication.
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Bandy Suspension?
A: Bandy Suspension should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Q: Is Bandy Suspension used to deworm?
A: Yes, Bandy Suspension is used to deworm, remove worms from the body. This medicine kills all the worms present in the stomach and intestine, provided you take it as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
Q: Why Bandy Suspension should not be taken during pregnancy?
A: Bandy Suspension should not be taken during pregnancy because it can cause harm to the unborn child. The risks associated with the use of medicine during pregnancy weigh more than the benefits.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved